Kevin Craig

Default HF is coming! HF is coming!

Okay, okay . . . I'd be a lot more excited (and my checking account far
more in jeopardy) if Rockler or Lee Valley were coming to town, but I
saw today that I've got a local Harbor Freight opening October 26.

I find HF very useful for clamps and such. And when they hold a sale on
something that I do want, it will be nice to drive 3 miles instead of
85.

I must say, it's an appropriate location. The anchor store in that
shopping center is Big Lots. ;-)

Kevin

Edwin Pawlowski

"Kevin Craig" wrote in message

I must say, it's an appropriate location. The anchor store in that
shopping center is Big Lots. ;-)

Is it near the pier where the container ships from China come in?

Kevin Craig

In article , Edwin
Pawlowski wrote:

"Kevin Craig" wrote in message

I must say, it's an appropriate location. The anchor store in that
shopping center is Big Lots. ;-)

Is it near the pier where the container ships from China come in?

Roughly 300 miles from the port of Houston, not that it matters.
Everything HF sells is *nese, of one variety or another.

Kevin

Kevin Craig

In article
, Walter
Johnson wrote:

Are you in Northeast TX by any chance? HF coming to my area where Big Lots
is anchor store.

As northeast as it gets: Texarkana. Well, Nash, to be precise.

And you?

Kevin

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Kevin Craig" wrote in message

I must say, it's an appropriate location. The anchor store in that
shopping center is Big Lots. ;-)

Is it near the pier where the container ships from China come in?

First there's anchor store.
Then there's the chain store.
After that is Pier 1.
Then the other Dockers places.

I'm not sure who was having the sail, but I'm told there was a ketch to it.

My Old Tools

Hell, I was raised in Naples. Old home week.

--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com

Johnson wrote:

Are you in Northeast TX by any chance? HF coming to my area where Big

Lots
is anchor store.

As northeast as it gets: Texarkana. Well, Nash, to be precise.

And you?

Kevin

mac davis

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:11:34 GMT, Kevin Craig
wrote:

Okay, okay . . . I'd be a lot more excited (and my checking account far
more in jeopardy) if Rockler or Lee Valley were coming to town, but I
saw today that I've got a local Harbor Freight opening October 26.

I find HF very useful for clamps and such. And when they hold a sale on
something that I do want, it will be nice to drive 3 miles instead of
85.

I must say, it's an appropriate location. The anchor store in that
shopping center is Big Lots. ;-)

Kevin

I just got an order in friday from the web.. mostly Christmas
presents, but a few toys for me..
Bought 4 of their 4 1/2 angle grinders for presents.. they're not
makita, bit for $9.99 each, what the heck..lol

I really like their metal self-clamping bench pegs... I got 4 of them
friday and was out in the shop last night, drilling a few more rows of
holes in the bench...

Got a set of 5 or 6 forstner bits in a wood box that I don't think I'd
use for my projects, but it's a great present for 5 bucks..
Mac
03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer
replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer
99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears

Kevin Craig

In article
, Walter
Johnson wrote:

DeKalb, just 30 miles west of you.

While I'm glad to have HF coming, I wish I was so close to Cecil
Phillips lumber. I've made a few trips out there, but never left with
exactly what I wanted (which would be EVERYTHING!). But I've always
gotten great service, and a good price on the stuff I was after.

I understand there are some turners in your neighborhood, too.

Kevin

Kevin Craig

In article , My Old Tools
wrote:

Hell, I was raised in Naples. Old home week.

Then you're one of the few people in the world who doesn't think of
Nebraska when they hear the name "Omaha". :-)

Kevin