Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default The Obama Strategy...

The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

More like bankruptcy.

Cheers & Happy New Year

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 19:04:42 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

More like bankruptcy.

Cheers & Happy New Year

"I absolutely promise that everyone will have an above average income
if elected."
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 19:04:42 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

More like bankruptcy.

Cheers & Happy New Year

"I absolutely promise that everyone will have an above average income
if elected."

Nebermind if that "average" is ZERO...
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Martin Riddle wrote:
"Jim Thompson"
/Snicker wrote in
message ...
The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

More like bankruptcy.

No, that was the republicans' stated objective. "Make government small
enough to drown in the bathtub" is the admitted republican policy.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 10:16:38 -0600, "Ouroboros Rex"
wrote:

Martin Riddle wrote:
"Jim Thompson"
/Snicker wrote in
message ...
The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

More like bankruptcy.

No, that was the republicans' stated objective. "Make government
small enough to drown in the bathtub" is the admitted republican
policy.

..."Grover Norquist being an individual and not the 'republican
party,' his quip has nothing to do with 'bankrupting' anything."

Bull****.

http://www.dlc.org/print.cfm?contentid=251788
..."But one of the leading strategists behind Bush's secret war on government
is more than happy to tell the world all about it. His name is Grover
Norquist, and he is the nation's leading advocate of "kill the taxes and you
kill the government." If pre-emption is the most dangerous idea any
president has had since Richard Nixon, Norquist may well be the most
dangerous adviser. Perhaps more than anyone else, his growing influence on
the Bush agenda helps explain not only the country's current economic woes,
but also the long-term threat the new conservatism poses to a prosperous
future. More and more, the administration seems to be thinking about taxes
just like Norquist -- tax cuts are always good, because they take money from
government.

Norquist, leader of libertarian-leaning groups like his unofficial
leave-us-alone-coalition and Americans for Tax Reform (ATR), is renowned in
Washington as the avatar of scorched-earth tax reduction. He's a hero to
so-called "movement conservatives" (people for whom conservatism is
religion) because they still see, through Reaganesque lenses, the government
as always the enemy, never the solution. Norquist is the man who compared
any and all recipients of government funds -- presumably excluding the
Defense Department -- to cockroaches. He also famously announced that he and
his brethren in the anti-government movement wanted to reduce the federal
government to a size so small "that it could be drowned in a bathtub."

All this would make for an interesting, if grotesque, sideshow except for
one thing: What once was right-wing braggadocio is now the heart of the Bush
agenda. "What this administration is doing, and most people haven't figured
it out yet, is an annual tax cut," Norquist recently told The Washington
Post.

Thanks to the strength of his conservative network and the weakness of the
Bush economic team, Norquist has become, in many respects, the most potent
influence on the administration's economic plan. Most presidencies take
their economic advice from respected economists or titans of industry. The
Bush agenda comes from the fevered brain of a movement ideologue and K
Street anarchist. No wonder the economy is going nowhere. It's as if
President Clinton had turned over the Treasury Department to Jerry Rubin
instead of Bob Rubin.

It says a lot about the direction of the administration that Bush has made
Norquist's battle -- a battle to paralyze the domestic functions of the U.S.
government by repeatedly cutting taxes -- his own. It did not have to be
that way. The irony, and the deception, is that Bush got elected in 2000 by
proving, in effect, that he wasn't Gingrich. Norquism is Gingrich by other
means. Although Bush embraced the idea of a large tax cut as a presidential
candidate, his campaign, and the early rhetoric of his administration, had
other themes -- most notably the idea of a "compassionate conservatism" that
would address entrenched poverty and other social ills through a revival of
civic institutions, and the pledge to "change the tone" in Washington
through bipartisanship and long-range vision.

But over the past two years, serial tax cuts have increasingly become the
alpha and omega of administration domestic policy. The Bush White House has
grown notorious for its highly political nature and a degree of partisanship
extreme even by the distorted standards of the 1990s. The spirit of the Bush
administration is not that of gentle souls like "compassionate
conservatives" Marvin Olasky or John DiIulio. The spirit is that of
Norquist -- single-minded; full of passionate hatred of taxes, domestic
government, and anyone who benefits from either; and ready to do just about
anything to elevate "our team" over "their team." Norquist's notion of
bipartisanship, he said in May, is that it "is another name for date rape."

Bitter partisanship. It's appropriate that Norquist, a confidant of White
House political guru Karl Rove and impresario for an enormous network of
conservative and special-interest lobbyists and advocates, was right out in
front of the effort to enact Bush's latest tax cut package. One minute he
coerced reluctant corporate lobbyists to "get in line" behind the proposal
to make corporate dividends tax-exempt (far down on their wish list). Next
he used his state-level contacts, usually devoted to policing state
legislatures to oppose any kind of tax increase, to get legislative
resolutions passed endorsing the Bush "growth package." Following passage of
the president's tax cuts, Norquist explained his state-level strategy to the
Denver Post: "We are trying to change the tones in the state capitals -- and
turn them toward bitter nastiness and partisanship."

Norquist's current status as perhaps the most important Republican lobbyist
stems from a remarkable career spanning the rise of the right over the last
quarter-century. His restless political energy has led him into an
astonishing number of crusades. He was Ralph Reed's mentor in the College
Republicans of the early 1980s and helped turn the group from a
mild-mannered frat-boy civic outlet into a savage ideological force on many
campuses. He subsequently spent many months as an on-location and Washington
advocate for South African-financed anti-Marxist insurgencies in Angola and
Mozambique. (At one time, he was well-known in Washington for swaggering
around wearing combat fatigues and sporting a bumper sticker that read: "I'd
rather be killing Commies.") One of his ongoing enterprises is aimed at
relentlessly harassing federal, state, and local officials to name things
after Ronald Reagan. He was reportedly a principal author of Gingrich's
Contract With America. His famous Wednesday meetings have served as a sort
of Comintern for Washington representatives of the right.

Norquist's main project, however, has never changed: his effort to shrink
government at every level, especially by making tax cuts an ideological
imperative for Republicans. ATR's anti-tax "pledge," foisted on a generation
of Republican presidential candidates entering the anti-tax abattoir of the
New Hampshire primary, and on candidates for high and low office around the
country, is the ultimate source of his power.

It's also the source of his connection with the White House, and his role as
a Janus-faced figure in the Bush family saga. "

The actual quote is: ""I don't want to abolish government. I simply
want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom
and drown it in the bathtub."

Thanks. But there are lots of other quotes.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?...ankruptcy_plan

http://rawstory.com/2009/12/hatch-ad...dard-practice/

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...n_to_norquist/

http://fixco1.com/bushbankrupt.html

http://www.tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.ns...C?OpenDocument

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

Martin Riddle wrote:
"Jim Thompson"
/Snicker wrote in
message ...
The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

More like bankruptcy.

No, that was the republicans' stated objective. "Make government
small enough to drown in the bathtub" is the admitted republican
policy.

..."Grover Norquist being an individual and not the 'republican
party,' his quip has nothing to do with 'bankrupting' anything."

Bull****.

http://www.dlc.org/print.cfm?contentid=251788

It is "Bull****" for you to pretend the Democratic Leadership Council
is some kind of 'unbiased' or authoritative source.

Which facts do you dispute?

As I said, his quip is a colorful metaphor to illustrate how 'big' he
thinks the federal government should be. I.E. small and not an all
consuming dictatorial monster. Or, put another way, pretty much what
the founding fathers and the Constitution had in mind.

The actual quote is: ""I don't want to abolish government. I simply
want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom
and drown it in the bathtub."

Thanks. But there are lots of other quotes.

Liberal loony tune rants are not "other quotes."

In other words, snip-coward, you can't refute a single word. lol

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?...ankruptcy_plan

http://rawstory.com/2009/12/hatch-ad...dard-practice/

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...n_to_norquist/

http://fixco1.com/bushbankrupt.html

http://www.tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.ns...C?OpenDocument

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

Martin Riddle wrote:
"Jim Thompson"
/Snicker wrote
in message ...
The Obama Strategy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy

More like bankruptcy.

No, that was the republicans' stated objective. "Make
government small enough to drown in the bathtub" is the admitted
republican policy.

..."Grover Norquist being an individual and not the 'republican
party,' his quip has nothing to do with 'bankrupting' anything."

Bull****.

http://www.dlc.org/print.cfm?contentid=251788

It is "Bull****" for you to pretend the Democratic Leadership
Council is some kind of 'unbiased' or authoritative source.

Which facts do you dispute?

There are no 'facts'.

This is most certainly the worst group in my list when it comes to
expecting rational answers. lol

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:49:08 -0600, Ouroboros Rex wrote:

snip

This is most certainly the worst group in my list when it comes to
expecting rational answers. lol

ROFLMAO

You really are one ignorant person.

Attempting to take someone's ranting opinion and make a "fact".

Please, don't show any more ignorance.

Sit back, relax and possibly learn something.

If on the other hand you are one of the "My minds made up, don't confuse
me with facts" persons, then, please, continue showing off your ignorance.

---
Michelle: You should be chief.
Fry: What do I need, ulcers?
----------------------
Mandriva Linux release 2010.0 (Official) for x86_64
2.6.31.6-desktop-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
----------------------

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Whitby wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:49:08 -0600, Ouroboros Rex wrote:

snip

This is most certainly the worst group in my list when it comes to
expecting rational answers. lol

ROFLMAO

You really are one ignorant person.

Ah, the redefining time-waster is back. lol

And you are a mealymouthed coward. There, insult for insult.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

Martin Riddle wrote:
[...]

You wouldn't recognize 'rational' if it smacked you in the face, just
as you can't recognize that opinion is not 'fact' and that editorial
rants are not 'quotes'.

Looks like our liar needs to look up the word 'quote'. lol

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:57:54 -0600, Ouroboros Rex wrote:

Jim Whitby wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:49:08 -0600, Ouroboros Rex wrote:

snip

This is most certainly the worst group in my list when it comes to
expecting rational answers. lol

ROFLMAO

You really are one ignorant person.

Ah, the redefining time-waster is back. lol

And you are a mealymouthed coward. There, insult for insult.

And that is the best you can do!
When you can't refute the facts, you revert to name calling.

I *almost* feel some sympathy for you.

BTW, I still haven't insulted you, though you're too ignorant to
understand that.

--
Their idea of an offer you can't refuse is an offer... and you'd better
not refuse.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Whitby wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:49:08 -0600, Ouroboros Rex wrote:

snip

This is most certainly the worst group in my list when it comes
to expecting rational answers. lol

ROFLMAO

You really are one ignorant person.

Ah, the redefining time-waster is back. lol

And you are a mealymouthed coward. There, insult for insult.

And that is the best you can do!

You assume you are worth some effort on my part.

When you can't refute the facts, you revert to name calling.

Can't recall you ever providing any. Just "ignorant, ignorant, ignorant",
while ignoring the topic. lol

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Whitby wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:49:08 -0600, Ouroboros Rex wrote:

snip

This is most certainly the worst group in my list when it comes
to expecting rational answers. lol

ROFLMAO

You really are one ignorant person.

Ah, the redefining time-waster is back. lol

And you are a mealymouthed coward. There, insult for insult.

And that is the best you can do!

You assume you are worth some effort on my part.

Must be, you keep replying.

When you can't refute the facts, you revert to name calling.

Can't recall you ever providing any. Just "ignorant, ignorant,
ignorant",
while ignoring the topic. lol

Your futile attempts at baiting me.

Having shown your ignorance, you revert to name calling, attempt to
change the subject, etc.

Please, try to understand the difference between "facts" and "opinions".

Unless, of course, you just don't know how.

There is the possibility that others are correct in there "opinion" of
you. Their "opinion" is you are just a Troll.

In which case, troll on! I'll play your game. You're good for a laugh or
two.

In either case ( whether you are or are not a Troll ), I'll continue to
point out your ignorance when you display it.

--
No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether
she will or will not be a mother.