Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Damned Global Warming

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 10:01:19 -0700, Jim Thompson
/Snicker wrote:

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

---
Snowed here yesterday...

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

---
Snowed here yesterday...

JF

In the nearly 48 years I've been in "The Valley of the Sun" (Phoenix
and 'burbs), I've seen it snow maybe three times. I'm expecting it
this winter :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

In wine there is wisdom,
In beer there is freedom,
In water there is bacteria
- Benjamin Franklin
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

---
Just the exercise won't keep you warm, you have to set the log on fire.

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

---
Just the exercise won't keep you warm, you have to set the log on fire.

JF

Awwwwh! Damn! So that was the problem ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

In wine there is wisdom,
In beer there is freedom,
In water there is bacteria
- Benjamin Franklin

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last
night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

---
Just the exercise won't keep you warm, you have to set the log
on
fire.

JF

Good one. I almost literally laughed out loud.
Over here it's getting cold much earlier than last year.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last
night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

---
Just the exercise won't keep you warm, you have to set the log
on
fire.

JF

Good one. I almost literally laughed out loud.
Over here it's getting cold much earlier than last year.

---
OK, so you can post here as well as read. Good news!

I wonder what the problem is with not being able to see the PDFs I
posted.

You have a PDF reader, yes?

I posted one of the runs as a .jpg for Ed to test, since he had the same
result you did clicking on the message ID. Can you read that JPG?

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

---
Snowed here yesterday...

JF

Yet, we've had the first snow-free October+November since they started
keeping records back in 1847.

Last time it was close to this good (back in '99) in the early winter,
they had to call out the army in January-- total of 46" (1.2 m) over
two weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1999

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Just don’t breath....
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/06/epa-set-delare-carbon-dioxide-public-danger/?test=latestnews

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:28:46 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Just don’t breath....
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/06/epa-set-delare-carbon-dioxide-public-danger/?test=latestnews

Cheers

That asshole Obama will go to any lengths to destroy the USA :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

The REAL reason Obama and the DemocRATs want control of the
Internet is that it's too good a tool for freedom, keeping them
from implementing their communist agenda. -Jim Yanik 8/28/2009

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

[...]

Damn. Your jpg post did not show up here using news.eternal-september.org
Hmmm - I'll have to ask Rich Grise if he sees it - he
uses eternal-september too.
Could be that eternal-september does not accept everybody's
jpgs/pdfs. Grumble.

Thanks for your effort.

Ed
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

[...]

AFAIK eternal-september doesn't accept binaries or attachments.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

[...]

My pleasure, anytime. :-)

I guess I could be blackballed there, although I can't see why...

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

John Fields wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but it's not applicable here - I plonked John Fields for being a
hothead some time ago, and don't know how to unplonk anybody.

Can you have him post it to a.b.s.e? news.eternal-september.org has no
problem with that. (I don't have John plonked there - that's one kewl
thing about pan - plonks by group. :-) )

Could be that eternal-september does not accept everybody's jpgs/pdfs.
Grumble.

They probably simply don't allow binaries in non-binary groups.

I just looked, and interestingly, pan doesn't even have an "attach"
button!

Usually, when I want to post pix, I just upload them to my "personal web
page" at Verizon.

Thanks for your effort.

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 17:31:39 -0500, Michael Robinson wrote:
"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

What principles?

He'd have to spend money. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:28:46 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Just don’t breath....
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/06/epa-set-delare-carbon-dioxide-public-danger/?test=latestnews

Cheers

That asshole Obama will go to any lengths to destroy the USA :-(

...Jim Thompson

He doesn't need to. Bush has already scuttled the country. It just takes
long enough to sink that the GOP can try to blame Obama.
Fox News = GOP joke network.

Bill Baka
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 15:59:57 -0800, Bill Baka
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:28:46 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson
Just don’t breath....
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/06/epa-set-delare-carbon-dioxide-public-danger/?test=latestnews

Cheers

That asshole Obama will go to any lengths to destroy the USA :-(

...Jim Thompson

He doesn't need to. Bush has already scuttled the country. It just takes
long enough to sink that the GOP can try to blame Obama.
Fox News = GOP joke network.

Bill Baka

GFY!

PLONK!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Lord protect me from fascist Democrats, perverts, & Prius Drivers!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Let's see, cash for heat or cash for fine wine..... ;-)
Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

That asshole Obama will go to any lengths to destroy the USA :-(

He doesn't need to. Bush has already scuttled the country.

Yeah, and what did Obama do? He immediately grabbed the Bush ball and
TRIPLED the deficit, and is now escalating what's now _his_ invasion
of Afghanistan.

How long will the liberal weenies keep blaming Bush for Obama's decisions?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:51:53 -0600, "amdx" wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Let's see, cash for heat or cash for fine wine..... ;-)
Mike

Finally! Someone understands!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

In wine there is wisdom,
In beer there is freedom,
In water there is bacteria
- Benjamin Franklin
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Damn. Your jpg post did not show up here using news.eternal-september.org
Hmmm - I'll have to ask Rich Grise if he sees it - he
uses eternal-september too.
Could be that eternal-september does not accept everybody's
jpgs/pdfs. Grumble.

some servers seem to have size limits it seems to be about 7000 lines of base64 or 1500
of yenc here.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Damn. Your jpg post did not show up here using news.eternal-september.org
Hmmm - I'll have to ask Rich Grise if he sees it - he
uses eternal-september too.
Could be that eternal-september does not accept everybody's
jpgs/pdfs. Grumble.

some servers seem to have size limits it seems to be about 7000 lines of base64 or 1500
of yenc through here (freenews.newsfront.net).
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Damn. Your jpg post did not show up here using news.eternal-september.org
Hmmm - I'll have to ask Rich Grise if he sees it - he
uses eternal-september too.
Could be that eternal-september does not accept everybody's
jpgs/pdfs. Grumble.

some servers seem to have size limits it seems to be about 7000 lines of base64 or 1500
of yenc through here (freenews.newsfront.net).

hmm no they've reduced them from that... you get what you pay for.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

That asshole Obama will go to any lengths to destroy the USA :-(

He doesn't need to. Bush has already scuttled the country.

Yeah, and what did Obama do? He immediately grabbed the Bush ball and
TRIPLED the deficit, and is now escalating what's now _his_ invasion
of Afghanistan.

How long will the liberal weenies keep blaming Bush for Obama's
decisions?

No need to blame Bush, the credit meltdown was Phil Gramm. You remember,
campaign co-chair for McCain, untill he called Americans "whiners".

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 10:01:19 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my principles
;-)

Please stop trolling a.b.s.e with this off-topic political crap.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Let's see, cash for heat or cash for fine wine..... ;-)
Mike

Finally! Someone understands!

Wine is a waste of time - I'm still trying to figure how to con a bottle of
JD out of each of at least 3 people.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:39:51 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson
Let's see, cash for heat or cash for fine wine..... ;-)
Mike

Finally! Someone understands!

Wine is a waste of time - I'm still trying to figure how to con a bottle of
JD out of each of at least 3 people.

A fifth of JD lasts me probably two years. Likewise Drambuie &
Sambuca.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Help save the environment!
Please dispose of socialism properly!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:39:51 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson
Let's see, cash for heat or cash for fine wine..... ;-)
Mike

Finally! Someone understands!

Wine is a waste of time - I'm still trying to figure how to con a bottle of
JD out of each of at least 3 people.

A fifth of JD lasts me probably two years. Likewise Drambuie &
Sambuca.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Help save the environment!
Please dispose of socialism properly!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:39:51 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson
Let's see, cash for heat or cash for fine wine..... ;-)
Mike

Finally! Someone understands!

Wine is a waste of time - I'm still trying to figure how to con a bottle
of
JD out of each of at least 3 people.

A fifth of JD lasts me probably two years. Likewise Drambuie &
Sambuca.

I only drink at Christmas - the rest of the year, not a drop.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:38:33 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:39:51 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
Damned Global Warming...

So cold here I finally threw a log in the fireplace last night.

Get out an extra blanket and still shivered :-(

I'd really hate to have to turn on the heat... it's against my
principles ;-)

...Jim Thompson
Let's see, cash for heat or cash for fine wine..... ;-)
Mike

Finally! Someone understands!

Wine is a waste of time - I'm still trying to figure how to con a bottle
of
JD out of each of at least 3 people.

A fifth of JD lasts me probably two years. Likewise Drambuie &
Sambuca.

I only drink at Christmas - the rest of the year, not a drop.

I drink probably a bottle-a-day of wine... plus maybe a shot of
something every few weeks ;-)

My father only drank on New Year's Eve, maybe a good rule, he made it
to 90 with a sound mind all the way to the end.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Help save the environment!
Please dispose of socialism properly!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

[...]

I can get an "almost half-gallon" (1.75L) of vodka at the grocery store
for about $10.00 + taxes.

I only drink on two occasions - daytime, and nighttime. ;-P

Cheers!
Rich