Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default News Server Error Message

I think Cox has sold out and gone to a cheapy news server...

I'm constantly getting error messages of the form: "Error reported by
server: 502 Maximum number of connections reached.
(newsfe14.iad)(Tornado v1.2.7.560-2). (Retry...)"

What is that ".iad" above? I seem to recall that "iad" was a
monumental source of spam.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:36:29 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I think Cox has sold out and gone to a cheapy news server...

I'm constantly getting error messages of the form: "Error reported by
server: 502 Maximum number of connections reached.
(newsfe14.iad)(Tornado v1.2.7.560-2). (Retry...)"

What is that ".iad" above? I seem to recall that "iad" was a
monumental source of spam.

...Jim Thompson

Transcript of E-mails to/from Cox...

As usual, Cox "Support" obfuscates. The Usenet News Server has been
really bad/slow/hangs for the past three days. This morning at least
there is some retrieval capability, though I can't presently post a
simple text message.

Constantly getting error messages of the form: "Error reported by
server: 502 Maximum number of connections reached.
(newsfe14.iad)(Tornado v1.2.7.560-2). (Retry...)"

Which is a server problem.

Why can't you simply admit you have a network issue, or you changed
Usenet providers, or whatever you screwed up? Does management require
you to _never_ admit a Cox defect/fault?

Instead of acting like men, you act like a bunch of fairies :-D

As for your statement, "...Cox does not provide support for e-mail
clients other than Outlook Express." Seems to me that violates
anti-trust laws. I'll run that by my lawyer. Besides who, but a
fairy, would use Outhouse Excuse for a news reader ?:-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:36:29 -0700, Jim Thompson
As for your statement, "...Cox does not provide support for e-mail
clients other than Outlook Express." Seems to me that violates
anti-trust laws. I'll run that by my lawyer. Besides who, but a
fairy, would use Outhouse Excuse for a news reader ?:-)

I use windows Live mail for everything. It's the successor to OE. Does that
make me a fairy? consider your response carefully...

I gave up on Verizon's news server except for local network status messages.
Once they got rid of all but the big 5 groups, it was pretty worthless. I've
got an account with Teranews.com for usenet. they've had their ups and downs
but seem to have their act together enough to recommend them. I have a
sponsor account- 30G/year for $29.95.

Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

I think Cox has sold out and gone to a cheapy news server...

I'm constantly getting error messages of the form: "Error reported by
server: 502 Maximum number of connections reached.
(newsfe14.iad)(Tornado v1.2.7.560-2). (Retry...)"

What is that ".iad" above? I seem to recall that "iad" was a
monumental source of spam.

...Jim Thompson

I have the same thing happen peridically. It also just happened and
resolved itself after two days! Let me guess your isp "cox" is useing
Highwinds as there news provider.

I've read in various forums anything from it's your client not
severing your connection; to the Highwinds server getting confused and
showing you as connected to your max connection limit when your not
connected at all.

I've noticed it seems to happen when I post messages,not all the time
but that usually starts it.

You could also be exceededing your max connection some clients will
adjust this automatically and wind up exceeding your connection limit.

If you are on Highwinds I'm willing to bet it's there server thats
FU.

I'm even haveing difficulty posting this (several attempts). Yep the
Highwinds server is ****.And now the lovely 502 error **** again.When
it does this I set my client to keep trying at one second intervals my
last record was 4K attempts.I'll go have a nap and see if I can beat
that.Hope it drives the server bonkers.

Oh and I'm paying for my internet to the tune of $100 a month and when
I got it one of the selling features was the fact they have a news
service.So if anyone from shaw or highwinds sees this get off your ass
and do your goddam job.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Funny, I was getting 502s the last three days as well. That's why two
recent posts got backlogged about that long, damn things wouldn't send.

What are my posts going through, anyway? A recent post shows,

So I guess I'm on newsfe23.iad something or other? Yours says,

which is newsfe12 (not the 14 you got stuck on?), and it came through post02
at highwinds instead of post01. Close enough I guess?? Maybe it really
isn't Cox (or Charter), but the middleman ****ing around.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news
I think Cox has sold out and gone to a cheapy news server...

I'm constantly getting error messages of the form: "Error reported by
server: 502 Maximum number of connections reached.
(newsfe14.iad)(Tornado v1.2.7.560-2). (Retry...)"

What is that ".iad" above? I seem to recall that "iad" was a
monumental source of spam.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:02:47 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

Funny, I was getting 502s the last three days as well. That's why two
recent posts got backlogged about that long, damn things wouldn't send.

What are my posts going through, anyway? A recent post shows,

So I guess I'm on newsfe23.iad something or other? Yours says,

which is newsfe12 (not the 14 you got stuck on?), and it came through post02
at highwinds instead of post01. Close enough I guess?? Maybe it really
isn't Cox (or Charter), but the middleman ****ing around.

Tim

Look and you shall see it's going through

highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com

There have been several complaints about highwinds,it appears to be
run by a bunch of retired Bureaucrats ex goverment employees TYPE.
A model of incompatance.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Funny, I was getting 502s the last three days as well. That's why two
recent posts got backlogged about that long, damn things wouldn't send.

What are my posts going through, anyway? A recent post shows,

So I guess I'm on newsfe23.iad something or other? Yours says,

which is newsfe12 (not the 14 you got stuck on?), and it came through post02
at highwinds instead of post01. Close enough I guess?? Maybe it really
isn't Cox (or Charter), but the middleman ****ing around.

Tim

Look and you shall see it's going through

highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com

There have been several complaints about highwinds,it appears to be
run by a bunch of retired Bureaucrats ex goverment employees TYPE.
A model of incompatance.

I have been getting those 502 errors from the first after I started
with Cox here in Tucson. I noticed that I get them every time I get
headers and even though the error box is present the hearders keep
coming.
Dave Foreman