Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default A bedtime story

Stolen from alt.hvac
Mike

National
Rotation Of Earth Plunges Entire North American Continent Into Darkness

February 27, 2006 | Issue 42.09

NEW YORK-Millions of eyewitnesses watched in stunned horror Tuesday as
light emptied from the sky, plunging the U.S. and neighboring countries
into darkness. As the hours progressed, conditions only worsened.
Enlarge Image Earth image

Satellite view at 4:50 p.m. EST shows the sun disappearing from the sky.

At approximately 4:20 p.m. EST, the sun began to lower from its position
in the sky in a westward trajectory, eventually disappearing below the
horizon. Reports of this global emergency continued to file in from
across the continent until 5:46 p.m. PST, when the entire North American
mainland was officially declared dark.

As the phenomenon hit New York, millions of motorists were forced to use
their headlights to navigate through the blackness. Highways flooded
with commuters who had left work to hurry home to their families.
Traffic was bottlenecked for more than two hours in many major
metropolitan areas.

Across the country, buses and trains are operating on limited schedules
and will cease operation shortly after 12 a.m. EST, leaving hundreds of
thousands of commuters in outlying areas effectively stranded in their
homes.

Despite the high potential for danger and decreased visibility,
scientists say they are unable to do anything to restore light to the
continent at this time.

"Vast gravitational forces have rotated the planet Earth on an axis
drawn through its north and south poles," said Dr. Elena Bilkins of the
National Weather Service. "The Earth is in actuality spinning
uncontrollably through space."

Bilkins urged citizens to remain calm, explaining that the Earth's
rotation is "utterly beyond human control."

"The only thing a sensible person can do is wait it out," she said.

Commerce has been brought to a virtual standstill, with citizens
electing either to remain home with loved ones or gather in dimly lit
restaurants and bars.

"I looked out the window and saw it getting dark when I was still at the
office working," said Albert Serpa, 27, a lawyer from Tulsa, OK, who had
taken shelter with others at Red's Bar and Grill. "That's when I knew I
had to leave right away."

Ronald Jarrett, a professor of economics at George Washington University
who left his office after darkness blanketed the D.C. metro area, summed
up the fears of an entire nation, saying, "Look, it's dark outside. I
want to go home," and ended the phone interview abruptly.

Businesses have shut their doors, banks are closed across the nation,
all major stock exchanges have suspended trading, and manufacturing in
many sectors has ceased.

Some television stations have halted broadcasting altogether, for
reasons not immediately understood.

Law-enforcement agencies nationwide were quick to address the crisis.
Enlarge Image Traffic image

Houston-area victims flee their workplaces ahead of the growing wave of
darkness.

Said NYPD spokesman Jake Moretti: "Low-light conditions create an
environment that's almost tailor-made for crime. It's probably safe to
say we'll make more arrests in the next few hours than we have all day."

Darkness victims describe hunger pangs, lassitude, and a slow but steady
loss of energy, forcing many to lie down. As many as two-thirds of those
believed afflicted have fallen into a state of total unconsciousness.

Many parents report that their younger children have been troubled, even
terrified, by the deep darkness. To help allay such fears, some parents
are using an artificial light source in the hallway or bedroom.

As of 2 a.m. EST, the continent was still dark, the streets empty and
silent. However, some Americans remained hopeful, vowing to soldier on
despite the crisis.

"I don't plan on doing anything any different," said Chicago-area
hospice worker Janet Cosgrove, 51. "I'm going to get up in the morning
and go to work."

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Nice.

By 6 a.m., many meteorologists are proclaiming dramatic and widespread
global warming. Chinese scientists give a dissenting view, stating that
they are "experiencing profound global cooling" instead, and noting that
meteorologists are funded by large multinational news corporations and
should not be trusted.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

"amdx" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 09:31:36 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

+AND former Vice Presidents
By 6 a.m., many meteorologists are proclaiming dramatic and widespread
global warming.

IFYPFY

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
diainc...
amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends twice the
% of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have centralised
healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase in taxation - all
they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off the gravy train.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:36:27 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
ediainc...
amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends twice the
% of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have centralised
healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase in taxation - all
they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off the gravy train.

Typically vague. Who are these "greedy *******s"?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

amdx wrote:
Stolen from alt.hvac
Mike

National
Rotation Of Earth Plunges Entire North American Continent Into Darkness

February 27, 2006 | Issue 42.09

..... snip ......

"I don't plan on doing anything any different," said Chicago-area
hospice worker Janet Cosgrove, 51. "I'm going to get up in the morning
and go to work."

No journalist ever wrote this, too many facts, and all correct !

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends twice the
% of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have centralised
healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase in taxation - all
they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off the gravy train.

Typically vague. Who are these "greedy *******s"?

The illegal aliens and Europeans who come here for treatment instead
of waiting while their 'National Health Care' lets them die?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends twice the
% of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have centralised
healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase in taxation - all
they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off the gravy train.

Typically vague. Who are these "greedy *******s"?

The illegal aliens and Europeans who come here for treatment instead
of waiting while their 'National Health Care' lets them die?

OK. Just checking. However I would hesitate to block Europeans or
Canadians, except for elective surgeries. Reciprocity, if I get ill
in Europe or Canada, I'd be taken care of.

As for illegal aliens... no emergency room service _except_ for true
emergencies, then ship 'em back.

Also do away with "dropping a citizen"(*)... require "citizens" to be
born of citizens or naturalized.

(*) In Yuma there are more Mexicans in the maternity wards than US
citizens.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Obama clearly blames insurance companies for his mother's death
from cancer. One then has to wonder if this whole health bill
isn't a personal vendetta against private insurance companies?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends twice the
% of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have centralised
healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase in taxation - all
they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off the gravy train.

Typically vague. Who are these "greedy *******s"?

The illegal aliens and Europeans who come here for treatment instead
of waiting while their 'National Health Care' lets them die?

I'll agree with not letting illegal aliens get *anything* from the tax
payers! Now, if the Europeans want to come here and *pay* for
treatment, let'em come!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

amdx wrote:
[...]

Poor *******s. Luckily, I live in a society that looked ahead to just
this sort of contingency and built an energy infrastructure to match. Clap
on! =)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends twice the
% of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have centralised
healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase in taxation - all
they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off the gravy train.

If you can only manage twice as good for twice the money as the NHS
then shame on you.

For example from seeing my doctor to getting an angiogram took me over
a month, although I was told if I called an ambulance for increased
chest pains it would happen a lot faster. So make US health care
twice as good and you'll only have to wait 2 weeks for an angiogram.

Mind you if I had been really concerned I would have paid for private
treatment and had it the next day. Hey you guys already work like
that.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends
twice the % of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have
centralised healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase
in taxation - all they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off
the gravy train.

Typically vague. Who are these "greedy *******s"?

I'll nominate the "death panels" of the private insurers, for one.
They've all got 'em.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

As long as you can pay. If you can't, and aren't on a government health
plan - no angiogram, period. Unless you are already having symptoms of a
heart attack at the time, of course.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
mediainc...
amdx wrote:

[...]

On the morning of July 12, 1998, I walked into the emergency room at
Chandler Regional Hospital and was struggling with the clipboard to
sign myself in. From out of nowhere a nurse grabbed me, and said a
few words, "Are you sweating from the heat, or from pain?" "Pain."
"Do you feel dizzy, or can you walk OK?" "I can walk." The nurse
walked me right into a team of doctors and nurses who hooked me up to
numerous monitors. Ten minutes later I began to have a mild heart
attack. The team leader announced, "Here we have a classic heart
attack in action." The team swung into action, told me (and my wife)
about tPA (a clot buster). My wife knew of it, I did not. She said
"Go". And that's why I'm still around to continue to annoy everyone
;-)

I felt so good, "I'm ready to go home."

Nope. Kept me in hospital, under continuous monitoring, watching for
proteins to show up in the urine (indicates heart muscle damage), for
five days(*), then I was transported to a specialty center (Desert
Samaritan) where they installed a stent.

I pass my stress test annually since then.

(*) Amusing myself by tutoring my male nurse for the Algebra course he
was taking ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends
twice the
% of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have centralised
healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase in taxation -
all
they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off the gravy train.

Typically vague. Who are these "greedy *******s"?

The illegal aliens and Europeans who come here for treatment instead
of waiting while their 'National Health Care' lets them die?

OK. Just checking. However I would hesitate to block Europeans or
Canadians, except for elective surgeries. Reciprocity, if I get ill
in Europe or Canada, I'd be taken care of.

In the UK we have a serious problem with "NHS tourists" - foreigners with
illnesses who visit Britain and 'conveniently' fall ill here and require
emergency operations, once cured they make good their escape without paying.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

Just because the work shy put smoking, drugs, booze, bling, satellite
TV etc before their health doesn't make it the tax payers problem.

The NHS is not a solution to any problems with the US system.

Food is more essential than health care. So following the NHS logic
there ought to be a National Food Service with a large free (paid for
out of taxes) store in every town of 100,000 or more people. All the
other stores such as Tescos or Wal Mart will have to be closed of
course because they allow the better off to have a better service than
the peasants. There will be a national institute of food excellence
which will ban many foods because they are too expensive for the
national food service. Of course Scotland would have its own National
Food Service supplying deep fried Mars bars to the poor Glaswegians.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

Somewhere, someone is blaming this on Obama's healthcare proposals.

One current affairs programme suggested that the US already spends twice
the
% of GDP on healthcare as the UK, so the US could have centralised
healthcare twice as good as the NHS without any increase in taxation -
all
they have to do is tip a few greedy *******s off the gravy train.

Typically vague. Who are these "greedy *******s"?

The illegal aliens and Europeans who come here for treatment instead
of waiting while their 'National Health Care' lets them die?

The biggest problem is the tiers of suits and bean counters (NHS managers
etc) introduced by the thieving Toraidhe when they were in power, who tried
to privatise and move toward the US model. These suits and bean counters do
little more than justify their own jobs and maximise their own slice of the
cake.

The rationing of healthcare mostly took place while the thieving Toraidhe
were in power, the waiting lists were so long that many people did die
before getting treatment.

The Labour government made huge increases to the NHS budget, but the damage
done by the thieving Toraidhe was so severe that even this long since some
of the problems are still being worked on.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:02:46 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

amdx wrote:

[...]

I don't know about Medicare, but my supplemental pays, under such
circumstances.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
omediainc...
amdx wrote:

[...]

That's the way it should be.

My Dad had his first heart attack around 1970. He has another on a
Saturday in 1984. He arrived in hospital in the ambulance and was sent
home the same day by the duty doctor with indigestion tablets, no ECG
ot tests of any kind. His own doctor sent him back to the hospital on
the Monday where he stayed for over a month. Then as now the NHS is
geared up for drunks on Friday nights and Saturday but not for real
medicine.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

Nice irrelevancy.

The NHS is not a solution to any problems with the US system.

Made-up crap.

Food is more essential than health care. So following the NHS logic
there ought to be a National Food Service with a large free (paid for
out of taxes) store in every town of 100,000 or more people. All the
other stores such as Tescos or Wal Mart will have to be closed of
course because they allow the better off to have a better service than
the peasants. There will be a national institute of food excellence
which will ban many foods because they are too expensive for the
national food service. Of course Scotland would have its own National
Food Service supplying deep fried Mars bars to the poor Glaswegians.

This is what right wingers refer to as 'debating the issue'. lol

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

If you had not been having symptoms, it would have been, "how are you
planning to pay for this procedure?"

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

Health has to be paid for. Peoples priorities, who pays and how is not
irrelevant.

The NHS is not a solution to any problems with the US system.

Made-up crap.

No, In my experience it's the NHS that is crap.

Food is more essential than health care. So following the NHS logic
there ought to be a National Food Service with a large free (paid for
out of taxes) store in every town of 100,000 or more people. All the
other stores such as Tescos or Wal Mart will have to be closed of
course because they allow the better off to have a better service than
the peasants. There will be a national institute of food excellence
which will ban many foods because they are too expensive for the
national food service. Of course Scotland would have its own National
Food Service supplying deep fried Mars bars to the poor Glaswegians.

This is what right wingers refer to as 'debating the issue'. lol

So either you don't understand the analogy or you think a National
Food Service is a good idea.

Mind you the socialists kept rationing going in the UK for years after
WW2. Control the food and control the people.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:15:44 +0100, Raveninghorde

wrote:

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
somediainc...
amdx wrote:

[...]

Which is why my story is so interesting. A summer Sunday morning in
Arizona is when all the drunken boating accidents at the lakes are
piling into the emergency room. The emergency room was full, but I
whisked past everyone.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

But a load of crap about freeloaders when the number one cause of
bankruptcies is medical costs certainly is.

The NHS is not a solution to any problems with the US system.

Made-up crap.

No, In my experience it's the NHS that is crap.

The NHS is irrelevant, it is in another country and is not a system up for
approval.
..

Food is more essential than health care. So following the NHS logic
there ought to be a National Food Service with a large free (paid
for out of taxes) store in every town of 100,000 or more people.
All the other stores such as Tescos or Wal Mart will have to be
closed of course because they allow the better off to have a better
service than the peasants. There will be a national institute of
food excellence which will ban many foods because they are too
expensive for the national food service. Of course Scotland would
have its own National Food Service supplying deep fried Mars bars
to the poor Glaswegians.

This is what right wingers refer to as 'debating the issue'. lol

So either you don't understand the analogy or you think a National
Food Service is a good idea.

I understand the analogy and it is crap.

Mind you the socialists kept rationing going in the UK for years after
WW2. Control the food and control the people.

We don't have very many socialists in the States, despite the lies of the
current minority party, who appear to derive their power from the
uneducated..

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:33:23 -0500, "Ouroboros Rex"
wrote:

I understand the analogy and it is crap.

I understand your stupidity, and you are crap.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

I was commenting on a post by Ian which brought up the NHS. If that's
irrelevant to you then don't post.

SNIP
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

Whatever, chief. You keep setting 'em up, I'll keep knocking them down.
Welcome to Usenet.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

You have done no such thing. All you are is self impotent twit... a
legend... in your own mind.

Nothing more.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

total retard ****ing idiot an cracks retarded retard goddamned twit shove
throats ****ing typical pork ****ing retard manipulate retard stupid ****
horse**** dig stupid **** retarded?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

amdx wrote:

[...]

What was that lie about Steven Hawking the US right wing extremists were
spouting that's already come back and bit them in the ass?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:57:38 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

SNIP

What was that lie about Steven Hawking the US right wing extremists were
spouting that's already come back and bit them in the ass?

That was rather amusing. Almost as good as Hilary under sniper fire in
Bosnia. Easy mistakes for people to make, after all you can't expect
Americans to know Hawking is British or Hilary to know whether she had
been shot at.

My point is people lie. One side of the political spectrum is no
better or worse than the other.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Raveninghorde" raveninghorde@invalid wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:57:38 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

SNIP

What was that lie about Steven Hawking the US right wing extremists were
spouting that's already come back and bit them in the ass?

That was rather amusing. Almost as good as Hilary under sniper fire in
Bosnia. Easy mistakes for people to make, after all you can't expect
Americans to know Hawking is British

The republicans probably saw the Simpson's episode that featured Steven
Hawking and assumed he must be American.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Raveninghorde wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:57:38 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

SNIP

What was that lie about Steven Hawking the US right wing extremists
were spouting that's already come back and bit them in the ass?

That was rather amusing. Almost as good as Hilary under sniper fire in
Bosnia. Easy mistakes for people to make, after all you can't expect
Americans to know Hawking is British or Hilary to know whether she had
been shot at.

My point is people lie. One side of the political spectrum is no
better or worse than the other.

Except for the fact that while democrats generally don't let other
democrats lie, the republicans spend $40 million a year on lie media which
they use to spread lies to their rank and file for simultaneous spewage.

You might have had a point before Clinton got in, but not any more.
Anybody pretending the democrats and republicans are equally honest these
days has a hole in their head bigger than their head.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:41:13 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"Raveninghorde" raveninghorde@invalid wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:57:38 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

SNIP

What was that lie about Steven Hawking the US right wing extremists were
spouting that's already come back and bit them in the ass?

That was rather amusing. Almost as good as Hilary under sniper fire in
Bosnia. Easy mistakes for people to make, after all you can't expect
Americans to know Hawking is British

The republicans probably saw the Simpson's episode that featured Steven
Hawking and assumed he must be American.

You do not think that there is a such thing as a republican that read "A
Brief History of Time" back when it was first released?

You guys are truly sad.

You do realize that our military has the most advanced electronic gear
on the planet, right?

Do you know what the predominant party among military personnel is?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

"Raveninghorde" raveninghorde@invalid wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:57:38 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

SNIP

What was that lie about Steven Hawking the US right wing extremists were
spouting that's already come back and bit them in the ass?

That was rather amusing. Almost as good as Hilary under sniper fire in
Bosnia. Easy mistakes for people to make, after all you can't expect
Americans to know Hawking is British

The republicans probably saw the Simpson's episode that featured Steven
Hawking and assumed he must be American.

You do not think that there is a such thing as a republican that read "A
Brief History of Time" back when it was first released?

You guys are truly sad.

You do realize that our military has the most advanced electronic gear
on the planet, right?

All the gear - no idea!

Do you know what the predominant party among military personnel is?

Yeah - a bunch of war mongering right wing extremists.