Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SMALL LOVE STORY .. TOUCHING STORY

A girl and guy were speeding over 100 mph on a motorcycle
Girl: Slow down. Im scared.

Guy: No this is fun.

Girl: No its not. Please, its too scary!

Guy: Then tell me you love me.

Girl: Fine, I love you. Slow down!

Guy: Now give me a BIG hug. (Girl hugs him)

Guy: Can you take my helmet off and put it on? Its bugging me.

In the paper the next day: A motorcycle had crashed into a building
because
of break failure. Two people were on the motorcycle, but only one
survived.
The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that his
breaks
broke, but he didn't want to let the girl know. Instead, he had her
say
she loved him, felt her hug one last time, then had her wear his
helmet so she
would live even though it meant he would die.

To read more similar story visit on ..
http://www.singhisking.net/shortstory.html

thanks and regards
AVTAR -- Always a good friend.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 7:24 am, "avtar" wrote:
[...]

Yeah right! He couldn't downshift, take the foot off the gas. At
100mph the wind resistance should have slowed him down to 60 is 5
seconds. This is bs.

al

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 7:51 am, "
wrote:

Yeah right! He couldn't downshift, take the foot off the gas. At
100mph the wind resistance should have slowed him down to 60 is 5
seconds. This is bs.

Enough to fill the stockyard. Pretty casual conversation for blasting
down road at 100 mph. Odd that at that speed she could hear him when
SHE didn't have a helmet on - it would be impossible. Obviously AVTAR
hasn't been on a bike past 20 mph.

Worse, what kind of idiot thinks you could take off a helmet at that
speed (no longer holding on) from the driver (who cannot see for a
couple of seconds) and in that windstream be able to hold onto it, and
actually (still not holding on) put it on?

It's almost Darwinian. One stupid ass loads up his chick on a bike
and doesn't provide her a helmet. She is so dumb she gets on, and
lets him drive her around preumably on the roads (he didn't mention
they were on a race track, and that wouldn't make sense in this
folkloric parable) at about 2 - 3 times the speed limit.

I am wondering if they were meant to be weeded out in order to further
the species. I think it is a rare occasion indeed that one survives a
100 mph impact on a motorcycle, and the additional inertia by having a
125 lb (OK, 130 lb with the helmet) should break them both to pieces.

I think when you make up a story to promote your religion, you should
at least come up with something vaguely related to reality. Stories
like these make those who follow their faith look like a bunch of sap
headed morons.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

This guy specializes in BS. That's all he posts.

wrote in message
ups.com...
This is bs.

al

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:51 am, "
wrote:

[...]

Not to mention that motorcycles have completely independent front and
rear brakes. The likelihood of both of them failing at the same instant
is nil.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Not to mention that motorcycles have completely independent front and
rear brakes. The likelihood of both of them failing at the same instant
is nil.

I don't know that much about bikes, but don't both front and back use the
same fluid resevoir?

That being said, it's still a bs story. I'd like to say it's a bit of
creative writing, but it doesn't even deserve that much credit.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Just Wondering wrote:

Not to mention that motorcycles have completely independent front and
rear brakes. The likelihood of both of them failing at the same instant
is nil.

Further not to mention... how did he magically detect that his brakes had
failed?

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:45:14 -0700, Just Wondering
wrote:

Not to mention that motorcycles have completely independent front and
rear brakes. The likelihood of both of them failing at the same instant
is nil.

But he still had time to swap the helmet, which saved her. G

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Even if he did lost BOTH brake systems. he could have shut the bike
off in gear. The compression braking could have slowed it down.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:58:07 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

Not to mention that motorcycles have completely independent front and
rear brakes. The likelihood of both of them failing at the same instant
is nil.

I don't know that much about bikes, but don't both front and back use the
same fluid resevoir?

On a motorcycle they are _completely_ separate--the master cylinder
and fluid reservoir for the front is on the right handgrip and the one
for the back (if the back is hydraulic at all--on many bikes it's
mechanical) is on the left.

That being said, it's still a bs story. I'd like to say it's a bit of
creative writing, but it doesn't even deserve that much credit.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 7:24 am, "avtar" wrote:
[...]

The bovine excrement meter just broke the pin.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:58:07 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

Not to mention that motorcycles have completely independent front and
rear brakes. The likelihood of both of them failing at the same instant
is nil.

I don't know that much about bikes, but don't both front and back use the
same fluid resevoir?

I take back what I said earlier--front brake is on the handgrip, rear
brake is foot actuated, the _clutch_ is on the other handgrip. Been
too damned long since I was on a bike.

In any case, the two brakes are not only independent but the entire
systems for the two are separated by some distance and have the rider
between them.

That being said, it's still a bs story. I'd like to say it's a bit of
creative writing, but it doesn't even deserve that much credit.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 24 Feb 2007 04:24:52 -0800, "avtar"
scribed:

[...]

Urban Legend... And a silly one.

Oh BTW, they are spelled 'Brakes' and not 'Breaks'.

Since you also put "his breaks broke" in the same sentence, you will
have to go back to Second grade on the short bus. No passing GO.

Jeezbus...

Phred
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Not to mention that motorcycles have completely independent front and
rear brakes. The likelihood of both of them failing at the same instant
is nil.

But he still had time to swap the helmet, which saved her. G

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Even if he did lost BOTH brake systems. he could have shut the bike
off in gear. The compression braking could have slowed it down.

He forgot to mention that the shift pedal broke off grin. And the
clutch went the same way as the brakes (well, if both brakes went why
not the clutch too) and the same thing that took the brakes and the
clutch put a kink in the throttle cable. And they were barefoot in
Speedos so dropping the bike wouldn't be much better than hitting
something.

The thing that puzzles me is how the helmet helped her when hitting a
building at 100 MPH.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:00:49 -0500, J. Clarke
wrote:

The thing that puzzles me is how the helmet helped her when hitting a
building at 100 MPH.

Amen, brother!

At 100 MPH. the only difference a helmet will make is during the body
identification.

As I traverse downhill @ 50 MPH on my bicycle, I always wonder why I
bother to have a Styrofoam take out container on my head! G
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 6:38 pm, Phred wrote:

Urban Legend... And a silly one.

Oh BTW, they are spelled 'Brakes' and not 'Breaks'.

Ohhhh, Phred, give him a brake.

BwaHaHaHa....

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 7:43 pm, B A R R Y wrote:

As I traverse downhill @ 50 MPH on my bicycle, I always wonder why I
bother to have a Styrofoam take out container on my head! G

.....and the funny thing, is that it makes no difference what you're
riding at 50 MPH when you hit a wall/truck/nun. You might have a
slight advantage on a heavy bike when hitting the nun..but by and
large, you're out in the open, no seat belt, no protection...and NO
way to hang on.
I have gone over 120 MPH many, many times on my bikes and sometimes
faster, but I assure you, you're not swapping helmets with anybody at
100 MPH. The second you undo the strap, she's a goner.