Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SMALL LOVE STORY .. TOUCHING STORY

On Feb 24, 7:51 am, "
wrote:

Yeah right! He couldn't downshift, take the foot off the gas. At
100mph the wind resistance should have slowed him down to 60 is 5
seconds. This is bs.

Enough to fill the stockyard. Pretty casual conversation for blasting
down road at 100 mph. Odd that at that speed she could hear him when
SHE didn't have a helmet on - it would be impossible. Obviously AVTAR
hasn't been on a bike past 20 mph.

Worse, what kind of idiot thinks you could take off a helmet at that
speed (no longer holding on) from the driver (who cannot see for a
couple of seconds) and in that windstream be able to hold onto it, and
actually (still not holding on) put it on?

It's almost Darwinian. One stupid ass loads up his chick on a bike
and doesn't provide her a helmet. She is so dumb she gets on, and
lets him drive her around preumably on the roads (he didn't mention
they were on a race track, and that wouldn't make sense in this
folkloric parable) at about 2 - 3 times the speed limit.

I am wondering if they were meant to be weeded out in order to further
the species. I think it is a rare occasion indeed that one survives a
100 mph impact on a motorcycle, and the additional inertia by having a
125 lb (OK, 130 lb with the helmet) should break them both to pieces.

I think when you make up a story to promote your religion, you should
at least come up with something vaguely related to reality. Stories
like these make those who follow their faith look like a bunch of sap
headed morons.

Robert