Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Neon lamp negative resistance region - neon.pdf - neon2.pdf

Archimedes' Lever wrote:
John Popelish wrote:

I've had trouble downloading the whole 80 Mbytes of this old
GE neon manual, but perhaps it will get through for you.
http://www.duntemann.com/12vtubes/GE...anual_1965.pdf

Cool Great link. A bit slow on the stream speed, but I got it all no
problem. Tanks for dat.

I was able to successfully save it after I looked at each
page (and waited for each to load). The whole thing would
not preload unless I scrolled through all of the pages (30
some of them).

I am now in the process of removing the repeated image of
the ring binder and saving each page as a gif. It looks
like the total size will fall from 80Mbytes of 34 pairs of
pages to something closer to 8Mbytes of 68 individual pages.

It is a great site for rare info, but the files are very
wasteful and not at all cleaned up. Most of the other
images available are scans of wrinkled paper (from data
sheets stuffed in small component boxes) and they were not
ironed before scanning, so lots of great photos of wrinkles.
The GE glowlamp manual is an exception.

--
Regards,

John Popelish
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 11:35:50 -0400, John Popelish
wrote:

Archimedes' Lever wrote:
John Popelish wrote:

[...]

I ran it through the Adobe Acrobat v7 function "Reduce File Size"
(make compatible with v4) and it reduced to 12MB. Took about 15
seconds ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Due to excessive spam, gmail, googlegroups, UAR, AIOE are blocked!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:
John Popelish wrote:
Tim Williams wrote:
"John Fields" wrote in message
news Done.
Thanks! And some about the ionization, excellent.

I've had trouble downloading the whole 80 Mbytes of this old GE neon
manual, but perhaps it will get through for you.
http://www.duntemann.com/12vtubes/GE...anual_1965.pdf

Thanks; I didn't realize how useful these are! I have a bunch saved for
static suppression of a long wire antenna system. I could put them to
better use building a memory array!

Around 1960 we had a "NEONVOX" project in a dutch electronics
periodical.
Each key of a piano like keyboard had a neon tube oscilator
attached to it.
Lots of people tried to build it.
But of course the whole project was much to unstable to
be used as musical instrument.

Custom Neon Sign, LED Display [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 December 13th 12 08:10 AM
Neon screwdrivers Pete Verdon UK diy 38 April 16th 08 04:41 PM
"Interesting" neon indication. Jon Read UK diy 24 January 4th 04 05:52 PM
blue neon light Daniel UK diy 35 November 29th 03 01:47 AM