Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Popelish John Popelish is offline

Default Neon lamp negative resistance region - neon.pdf - neon2.pdf

Archimedes' Lever wrote:
John Popelish wrote:

I've had trouble downloading the whole 80 Mbytes of this old
GE neon manual, but perhaps it will get through for you.
http://www.duntemann.com/12vtubes/GE...anual_1965.pdf

Cool Great link. A bit slow on the stream speed, but I got it all no
problem. Tanks for dat.

I was able to successfully save it after I looked at each
page (and waited for each to load). The whole thing would
not preload unless I scrolled through all of the pages (30
some of them).

I am now in the process of removing the repeated image of
the ring binder and saving each page as a gif. It looks
like the total size will fall from 80Mbytes of 34 pairs of
pages to something closer to 8Mbytes of 68 individual pages.

It is a great site for rare info, but the files are very
wasteful and not at all cleaned up. Most of the other
images available are scans of wrinkled paper (from data
sheets stuffed in small component boxes) and they were not
ironed before scanning, so lots of great photos of wrinkles.
The GE glowlamp manual is an exception.

--
Regards,

John Popelish