Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default The US Weather Bureau....

The US Weather Bureau has issued a WINTER storm warning for Arizona!

As much as 1.5 FEET of snow is predicted for the higher elevations.

It's finally reached 70°F at 3:30PM in Phoenix...

and I finally got my pool wiring changes made between downpours ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

There is no better demonstration of ignorance than that of
a politician trying to explain scientific matters :-(
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

The US Weather Bureau has issued a WINTER storm warning for Arizona!

As much as 1.5 FEET of snow is predicted for the higher elevations.

It's finally reached 70°F at 3:30PM in Phoenix...

and I finally got my pool wiring changes made between downpours ;-)

Thanks to 'global warming', it'll soon be time for the first
snowmobile dealership to open in Pheonix.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 24 May 2008 02:21:00 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The US Weather Bureau has issued a WINTER storm warning for Arizona!

As much as 1.5 FEET of snow is predicted for the higher elevations.

It's finally reached 70°F at 3:30PM in Phoenix...

and I finally got my pool wiring changes made between downpours ;-)

Thanks to 'global warming', it'll soon be time for the first
snowmobile dealership to open in Pheonix.

59°F at 8AM Saturday... CRAZY!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 23 May 2008 15:36:35 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

The US Weather Bureau has issued a WINTER storm warning for Arizona!
As much as 1.5 FEET of snow is predicted for the higher elevations.
It's finally reached 70°F at 3:30PM in Phoenix...
and I finally got my pool wiring changes made between downpours ;-)
...Jim Thompson

The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone or something.
In this case, it's all the aerosols and particulates that burning
forests, jet condensation trails, and fossil fuels has dumped into the
atmosphere. Throw in a few volcanoes for good effect. All that
causes "global dimming", general cooling, and may conceivably
precipitate another ice age through loss of albedo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

While these were popular theories 30 years ago, the current consensus
is that more research dollars and political power transfers can be
accomplished through global warming studies, which has temporarily
buried these theories. Like global warming, much of the evidence is
anecdotal observations, such as your unseasonably cold weather. I
think it's time to resurrect these theories.

I suggest you turn lemons into lemonade. With little effort, you can
convert this weather incident into a major ecological and climatic
movement. Instead of attempting to transfer wealth and political
power through the study of greenhouse gases, you can do the same with
studies of particulates, aerosols, dust, smog, and ash. A movie,
showing dramatic but hazy images, predicting the impending demise of
the planet through global glaciation, should be produced. Don't
forget to mention that Mars has global dust storms. You may have to
wait until Nov 2008 to get the loser of the next presidential election
to narrate the film. I suggest you spend the time creating research
grant proposals to attract eminent authorities and researchers.
Predicting increased health issues through inhaling all this junk is
easy enough. The tie in to global warming is easy enough. Dumping
large amounts of dust into the atmosphere is the SOLUTION to global
warming. Fight technology with more technology.

You can probably get the alleged financial victims of the global
warming movement (oil companies) to support your cause. However, the
money is in research, endless studies, satellites, speaking tours,
publication rights, and influence peddling. It might even get someone
a Nobel Peace Prize for global awareness and general promotion.

What's lacking is a catchy name. "Global Warming" and "Climate
Change" have an alarmist apocalyptic ring to them. Something equally
dramatic should be selected. "Global Dusting" just doesn't sound
right. Although awkward, perhaps "Global Loss of Albedo" will suggest
to the GUM (great unwashed masses) that this is a serious loss of
something they never knew they had. Dunno. Hire a PR company.

As always, don't forget to conclude all publications with "More
research is necessary" to insure continued funding.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote
The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone or something.
In this case, it's all the aerosols and particulates that burning
forests, jet condensation trails, and fossil fuels has dumped into the
atmosphere. Throw in a few volcanoes for good effect. All that
causes "global dimming", general cooling, and may conceivably
precipitate another ice age through loss of albedo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

LOSS of albedo? Don't think you meant that. Even if you did, you didn't.

Martin

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

The US Weather Bureau has issued a WINTER storm warning for Arizona!
As much as 1.5 FEET of snow is predicted for the higher elevations.
It's finally reached 70°F at 3:30PM in Phoenix...
and I finally got my pool wiring changes made between downpours ;-)
...Jim Thompson

The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone or something.
In this case, it's all the aerosols and particulates that burning
forests, jet condensation trails, and fossil fuels has dumped into the
atmosphere. Throw in a few volcanoes for good effect. All that
causes "global dimming", general cooling, and may conceivably
precipitate another ice age through loss of albedo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

[snip]

What's lacking is a catchy name. "Global Warming" and "Climate
Change" have an alarmist apocalyptic ring to them. Something equally
dramatic should be selected. "Global Dusting" just doesn't sound
right. Although awkward, perhaps "Global Loss of Albedo" will suggest
to the GUM (great unwashed masses) that this is a serious loss of
something they never knew they had. Dunno. Hire a PR company.

As always, don't forget to conclude all publications with "More
research is necessary" to insure continued funding.

Maybe tie it to libido ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Shrillary Clinton: Candidate of choice by the bigot states, thus
by Clinton reasoning, the best candidate for the Democrat Party?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:12:36 -0500, flipper wrote:

That's one reason the 'name' was 'officially' revised to "Climate
Change" vs "Global Warming:" they can't reliably predict anything so
saying just 'change' seemingly covers it.. except that the climate
'changing' is nothing new.

Nope. Carl Rove, when he was Bush's advisor and proxy brain, noted
that "global warming" was too alarmist because it suggests solely
human causes. He recommended that Republicans use the term "climate
change" instead, which implies natural causes. This was done,
creating that rather odd situation where the political affiliation of
elected representatives could be guessed by which term was used.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 24 May 2008 18:15:58 +0100, "Fleetie"
wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote
The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone or something.
In this case, it's all the aerosols and particulates that burning
forests, jet condensation trails, and fossil fuels has dumped into the
atmosphere. Throw in a few volcanoes for good effect. All that
causes "global dimming", general cooling, and may conceivably
precipitate another ice age through loss of albedo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

LOSS of albedo? Don't think you meant that. Even if you did, you didn't.
Martin

Sorry. I got it backwards. Too many things happening here at one
time. "Albedo Rise" doesn't sound very alarmist. Perhaps "The War
Against Dust" or "Global Dusting" (will Earth become another Mars?)
might be useful. Perhaps the "War against Volcanoes" and "Help stop
Global Volcanism" will open a whole new line of climatic research.
Whatever is selected, it has to be catchy sounding, or nobody will pay
attention (or pay money). Hire a PR firm.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 24 May 2008 10:19:15 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Maybe tie it to libido ?:-)
...Jim Thompson

Never mind. No Nobel Prize for you.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Maybe tie it to libido ?:-)
...Jim Thompson

Never mind. No Nobel Prize for you.

But 'libido' is a good PR word ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Does Shrillary fathom herself to be the next Manchurian Candidate?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 24 May 2008 13:49:08 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2008 10:20:39 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:12:36 -0500, flipper wrote:

That's one reason the 'name' was 'officially' revised to "Climate
Change" vs "Global Warming:" they can't reliably predict anything so
saying just 'change' seemingly covers it.. except that the climate
'changing' is nothing new.

Nope. Carl Rove, when he was Bush's advisor and proxy brain, noted
that "global warming" was too alarmist because it suggests solely
human causes. He recommended that Republicans use the term "climate
change" instead, which implies natural causes. This was done,
creating that rather odd situation where the political affiliation of
elected representatives could be guessed by which term was used.

That is. no doubt, another satirical expose like your previous and,
continuing on the same theme, it's clear that Carl Rove befuddled the
U.N. into establishing the "Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
Change," more conveniently known by the acronym IPCC, in 1994 because
those cue Elmer Fudd wascwally wepubwicans knew Bush would win the
Presidency 6 years later causing Al Gore to go insane and produce
fantasy disaster movies.

Good stuff! Sno-o-o-o-ort!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Does Shrillary fathom herself to be the next Manchurian Candidate?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:17:40 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

But 'libido' is a good PR word ;-)
...Jim Thompson

No, it's not. That's why you don't see or hear it much in commercial
advertising. It's too obvious. If you want to attach a connotation
of sex to a product, it must be done subtley or it doesn't work. By
subtle, I mean subliminally or below various sensory thresholds. In a
past life, I slaved in a marketing research and advertising company,
which did this kind of work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_message
Using words to sell and idea or concept is tricky, but quite possible.
Professional authors do it by creating a mood. Publicists do it by
projecting an "image" of someone or something. Politicians do it by
creating an "angle" or "point of view". In this case, I'm trying to
set you up as a future Nobel Prize candidate, and all you think about
is sex. Somehow, the "Messiah of Dust" does not easily connect you
with either ecology or sex and is certainly unworthy of a Nobel Prize.
I expected you to campaign for global dust reduction so that you could
use your swimming pool for something other than an ice ring. I'm
disappointed.

Incidentally, this cigarette ad campaign failed miserably. They used
a trailing acrostic (read the letters down the page).
ITS
THE
BOX
The problem was that it was too obvious and everyone saw the word
"sex" in the layout. Nice try.

"Subliminal Messages Can Influence People In Surprising Ways"
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071227183859.htm
Flag waving produces political moderation?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

Wait till a hip replacement brings YOU back to age 18 capability ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

There is no better demonstration of ignorance than that of
a politician trying to explain scientific matters :-(
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 24 May 2008 14:18:20 -0500, flipper wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I've got even better than that.

We should nominate Bush for a Nobel because, under the oft repeated
'truism' that he who is in office is responsible and gets the credit
or blame for 'everything', he's the greatest environmentalist of all
time since, with global temperature having declined or remained flat
during his entire presidency, he's single handedly solved the "Global
Warming" crisis.

...Jim Thompson

I'm glad I had already finished my coffee ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Does Shrillary fathom herself to be the next Manchurian Candidate?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The US Weather Bureau has issued a WINTER storm warning for Arizona!

As much as 1.5 FEET of snow is predicted for the higher elevations.

It's finally reached 70°F at 3:30PM in Phoenix...

and I finally got my pool wiring changes made between downpours ;-)

Thanks to 'global warming', it'll soon be time for the first
snowmobile dealership to open in Pheonix.

59°F at 8AM Saturday... CRAZY!

I think the Gore Gang are trumpeting the wrong menace. Paleoclimatology
lacks the precision of day-to-day meteorology, but it's pretty clear that
the normal state of most of Europe and North America is buried under 1500
meters of ice, interrupted by relatively brief (ca. 10K years)
"interglacials." The current interglacial started 11,000 years ago. We
could live with rising sea levels and more frequent tropical storms, but
an ice age would doom civilization as certainly as a launch-everything-at-
once nuclear war. The genetic evidence suggests that humanity just
barely survived the last one. Just one more argument for space
settlement. We need to get a few of our eggs out of this basket, before
something steps on it.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

Global warming -- skimpier clothes. That's my hypothesis. Where's my
funding?

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

Big deal. I don't have to chase them.

On the other hand, a bum hip could be a good excuse not to have to get
on top and do all the work. ;-)

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2008 18:15:58 +0100, "Fleetie"
wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote
[...]

Come on, Jeff. Everyone knows that those spewing volcanos are just
'GBA'

Great Big Ashholes. ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2008 18:15:58 +0100, "Fleetie"
wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 24 May 2008 20:50:56 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Come on, Jeff. Everyone knows that those spewing volcanos are just
'GBA'

(...)
Great Big Ashholes. ;-)

Nope.
GBA = Game Boy Advanced.
Battle for Volcano Island.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicktoons:_Battle_for_Volcano_Island
Kindly watch what you spew.

Incidentally, please go easy on the consumption of white space. The
world supply of white space is rapidly being depleted. When we run
out AllTheWordsWillRunTogether a fate far worse than global warming or
cooling.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Come on, Jeff. Everyone knows that those spewing volcanos are just
'GBA'

(...)
Great Big Ashholes. ;-)

Nope.
GBA = Game Boy Advanced.
Battle for Volcano Island.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicktoons:_Battle_for_Volcano_Island
Kindly watch what you spew.

Incidentally, please go easy on the consumption of white space. The
world supply of white space is rapidly being depleted. When we run
out AllTheWordsWillRunTogether a fate far worse than global warming or
cooling.

Sorry, but I have barely used up half my allocation for this month,
and no one buys whitespace credits for a fair price. If I don't use
them they will spoil, and you know how upset the nitpicters at the EPA
gets over that.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

flipper wrote:

You've got bigger problems than that because 'environmentalists' want
your breath declared a 'pollutant' since you emit CO2.

They probably want the lead in my bullets, too.