Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Stephen J. Rush Stephen J. Rush is offline

Default The US Weather Bureau....

On Sat, 24 May 2008 08:00:14 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2008 02:21:00 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

The US Weather Bureau has issued a WINTER storm warning for Arizona!

As much as 1.5 FEET of snow is predicted for the higher elevations.

It's finally reached 70°F at 3:30PM in Phoenix...

and I finally got my pool wiring changes made between downpours ;-)

Thanks to 'global warming', it'll soon be time for the first
snowmobile dealership to open in Pheonix.

59°F at 8AM Saturday... CRAZY!

I think the Gore Gang are trumpeting the wrong menace. Paleoclimatology
lacks the precision of day-to-day meteorology, but it's pretty clear that
the normal state of most of Europe and North America is buried under 1500
meters of ice, interrupted by relatively brief (ca. 10K years)
"interglacials." The current interglacial started 11,000 years ago. We
could live with rising sea levels and more frequent tropical storms, but
an ice age would doom civilization as certainly as a launch-everything-at-
once nuclear war. The genetic evidence suggests that humanity just
barely survived the last one. Just one more argument for space
settlement. We need to get a few of our eggs out of this basket, before
something steps on it.