Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default The US Weather Bureau....

On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:17:40 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

But 'libido' is a good PR word ;-)
...Jim Thompson

No, it's not. That's why you don't see or hear it much in commercial
advertising. It's too obvious. If you want to attach a connotation
of sex to a product, it must be done subtley or it doesn't work. By
subtle, I mean subliminally or below various sensory thresholds. In a
past life, I slaved in a marketing research and advertising company,
which did this kind of work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_message
Using words to sell and idea or concept is tricky, but quite possible.
Professional authors do it by creating a mood. Publicists do it by
projecting an "image" of someone or something. Politicians do it by
creating an "angle" or "point of view". In this case, I'm trying to
set you up as a future Nobel Prize candidate, and all you think about
is sex. Somehow, the "Messiah of Dust" does not easily connect you
with either ecology or sex and is certainly unworthy of a Nobel Prize.
I expected you to campaign for global dust reduction so that you could
use your swimming pool for something other than an ice ring. I'm
disappointed.

Incidentally, this cigarette ad campaign failed miserably. They used
a trailing acrostic (read the letters down the page).
ITS
THE
BOX
The problem was that it was too obvious and everyone saw the word
"sex" in the layout. Nice try.

"Subliminal Messages Can Influence People In Surprising Ways"
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071227183859.htm
Flag waving produces political moderation?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D