Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default ramp PLL

I knocked up a simulation of my PLL with ramp applied to the
phase error signal to offset the frequency.

there are two phase detectors, each with slope over +/- 180'
used alternately so the phase ramp offset doesnt push the operating point to
the edge
of the slope.

RF vco is ramped from 100-200mhz
and the LO control voltage closely follows this.

The IF looks pretty clean too, even when the ramp resets back to 0v.

ofc real life always has some surprises.

Il be using 2ghz VCOs so il either use an ecl precaler or do they do ecl
gate arrays ?
some cmos gate arrays are pretty fast not sure if any that will togle at
2ghz.

Colin =^.^=

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pll3.GIF
Views:	183
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1807

ramp for me ma [email protected] UK diy 17 April 18th 07 12:31 PM
RAMP J T Woodworking 0 August 17th 06 08:42 AM
Beginner needs a ramp bakechad Woodworking 4 April 29th 06 02:42 AM
Pet ramp plans? Jason Woodworking 14 January 14th 05 01:18 PM
How to form an air ramp? Bob Summers Metalworking 4 October 21st 03 11:23 AM