Jason

Default Pet ramp plans?

I'm looking to build a pet ramp for aging Golden. Anyone have a plan
for a vehicle pet ramp?
Dukester

http://spuds.agron.ksu.edu/dogstep.htm

I lost my Golden last summer. 15 years young. Still think about him
everyday.

"Jason" wrote in message
I'm looking to build a pet ramp for aging Golden. Anyone have a plan
for a vehicle pet ramp?

Jason

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:27:29 -0600, "Dukester"
wrote:

http://spuds.agron.ksu.edu/dogstep.htm

I lost my Golden last summer. 15 years young. Still think about him
everyday.

"Jason" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking to build a pet ramp for aging Golden. Anyone have a plan
for a vehicle pet ramp?

Thanks! I hope our golden lives a healthy 15 years! Shes only 7 and
showing signs of a old lady already!
Dave Hinz

wrote:

http://spuds.agron.ksu.edu/dogstep.htm

I lost my Golden last summer. 15 years young. Still think about him
everyday.

"Jason" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking to build a pet ramp for aging Golden. Anyone have a plan
for a vehicle pet ramp?

Thanks! I hope our golden lives a healthy 15 years! Shes only 7 and
showing signs of a old lady already!

Glucosamine and condroitin (I spelled both of those wrong, I bet)
did wonders for our aging (now departed) German Sheperd/Golden Lab.

s2s

SWMBO made a set out of that solid 2-inch-thick foam insulation. It
isn't a ramp, it's a couple steps but the ol' dog likes it fine. Uses
it to get up on the bed.

She thinks it's a better material than wood for this use. Really light,
plenty solid, and you can stub your toe on it in the dark without
screaming. Covered in with some leftover fabric and it looks pretty
nice.

I think she's right. Sometimes wood isn't the right material.
Sometimes.

Want me to hunt down the website she found it on? It's not much of a
project. Just cut the sheets to size and laminate them together to form
steps, either with spray adhesive or something out of a tube gun, then
cover 'em with something. I can't go hunt for it till tonight sometime.

Dukester

I lost mine to cancer last June. Couldn't go into the workshop for 3 or 4
months afterwards because he had always been in there with me while I
fiddled around making firewood. It was just too hard to go in there without
him. Shut off the tv once in a while and use that time doing something she
likes. They are here and gone too quickly. I have a 12 year old
Lab/ridgeback that has cancer now. It seems like I just lost my Golden and
now it's happening all over again. Two in one year is rough.

Give'r a big hug for me.

news
wrote:

http://spuds.agron.ksu.edu/dogstep.htm

I lost my Golden last summer. 15 years young. Still think about him
everyday.

"Jason" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking to build a pet ramp for aging Golden. Anyone have a plan
for a vehicle pet ramp?

Thanks! I hope our golden lives a healthy 15 years! Shes only 7 and
showing signs of a old lady already!

Dave Jackson

Heck, i just wish i could get my 2 yr. Golden to wait until i open the door
before trying to get in the truck. He usually has a lump on his head from
hitting the passenger door trying to get in before it's open. Plus, the
door has several marks from his paws where he jumps on it to "let me know"
he wants to go to. I dare say they are about the most energetic creatures
on earth. If you've ever watched one make a water retreive, you'll quickly
realize this. And the fact that they don't have a tail. It's really a
rudder! Hope all goes well with yours, they really are man's best
riend. --dave

oups.com...

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:34:52 GMT, Jason wrote:

I'm looking to build a pet ramp for aging Golden. Anyone have a plan
for a vehicle pet ramp?

I built a wheelchair ramp for our front door out of 2X4" and 1/2"
plywood. Not much need for plans.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
joey

Thanks for the idea.My golden Joe is 13 yrs thankfully pretty healthy but he
needs help into the truck and the occasional bed trip. I kept thinking ramp
which would be to heavy long etc... The idea of steps and made from the
insulation panels is great. Light weight and rigid enough for my 90lb bud
Sorry for your loss. We know our time is limited with Joe I guess that's
the deal with dogs
Joey

"Jason" wrote in message
I'm looking to build a pet ramp for aging Golden. Anyone have a plan
for a vehicle pet ramp?

Nova

Jason wrote:

I'm looking to build a pet ramp for aging Golden. Anyone have a plan
for a vehicle pet ramp?

Keep in mind that your dog may want nothing to do with a ramp.

A few years ago my 12 y/o Golden was having trouble going up and down
the stairs on our back deck so I built her a ramp. She wouldn't go near
it.

I thought maybe it was that she was sliding on the ramp so I added
traction strips to it. She wouldn't go near it.

I thought that maybe she was afraid of it because it was open on the
sides so I added side panels. She wouldn't go near it.

For the last two years of her life she was carried, all 100 pounds of
her, up and down the stairs.

I still miss it.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Dan

On Thu 13 Jan 2005 04:47:20p, "Dave Jackson" wrote in
ink.net:

Heck, i just wish i could get my 2 yr. Golden to wait until i open the
door before trying to get in the truck. He usually has a lump on his
head from hitting the passenger door trying to get in before it's
open.

That's how Zeke was, just a year ago. Almost from one week to the next he
went from not touching one step on the back deck, both ways, to having
trouble jumping up on the bed. He seems to be dealing with it better'n I
am.
Dan

On Thu 13 Jan 2005 02:34:08p, "s2s" wrote in
oups.com:

Want me to hunt down the website she found it on?

Ah. Here it is:
http://www.golden-retriever.com/dog_steps.htm
Old Nick

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 03:03:50 GMT, Dan vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Sorry. PMFJI. Have you had him checked out for injury? Hernia, back
injury, ligament?

That's how Zeke was, just a year ago. Almost from one week to the next he
went from not touching one step on the back deck, both ways, to having
trouble jumping up on the bed. He seems to be dealing with it better'n I
am.

Dan

On Fri 14 Jan 2005 01:06:23a, Old Nick wrote in
:

Sorry. PMFJI. Have you had him checked out for injury? Hernia, back
injury, ligament?

Yep. He's just old. The only thing that surprised everybody including the
vets was how long it took to catch up with him.

Handicap ramp plans Jeff Guay Home Repair 8 December 13th 04 09:10 PM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 04 09:16 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
skateboard ramp build mark UK diy 2 July 14th 03 05:46 PM