Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default NON-political, burt FUNNY

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Gotta love that unregulated power source!

Is that anything like Monster Speaker wire that is
99.99% Oxygen free!

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On 8/18/07 3:59 PM, in article ,
"ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:03:51 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Just shows how easily rap loving retards can be reamed for three times
what something is worth.

Barnum said it right.

And your post just goes to show that you don't understand "worth,"probably
because you have none.

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay. I don't believe Barnum had
anything to say about that.

Crawl back in your hole.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:23:42 -0400, Jamie wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Gotta love that unregulated power source!

Is that anything like Monster Speaker wire that is
99.99% Oxygen free!

So far, nothing comes close to the $480 beechwood *VOLUME CONTROL KNOB* I
saw at an audiophool site. Yes, there are people who, seriously as far as
I can see, claim to hear the difference between a plastic knob and a
wooden one. After all, violins aren't made of plastic. That makes the
solid-silver speaker cables that need to be "conditined" and are marked to
specify which end is to be connected to the amp look reasonable.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:03:51 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

I'm reminded of the scene in Asimov's "Foundation" when the foundation
receives assurance of protection from the Empire, and one of the linguists
parses out all of the meaningless bits -- and is left with nothing.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

The EXL 1200 D
(ooooo some mysterious high tech name)
is a feature packed
(I pack features to make the PCB smaller.)
mobile amplifier
(Guess is doesn't fall apart from the vibration.)
that offers the latest technologies in circuit design
(Amp modules that a monkey can get working?)
as well as the performance that today's mobile audio enthusiasts
demand.
(Damn it! I want to drown out the cop sirens behind me.)
EXL 1200D features an unregulated MOSFET power supply.
(It's got resistors too!)
A toroid-coil transformer
(Ok..that's got me... If anyone knows...Boost convertor??)
and Nickel plated RCA and barrier connectors.
(Not that other crummy metal stuff that's used :P)
Protection circuits safeguard
(Botched DIY install and lawsuit protection.)
the amplifier when overheating
(Damn...It cuts out every time I park in the hot sun. :P)
and speaker shorts or improper load conditions occur.
(Wow! I have no fear in hooking it up wrong..)
The Cerwin Vega EXL 1200D retails for $799.95.
($10.00 in amp modules??)

D from BC
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jamie wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Gotta love that unregulated power source!

Is that anything like Monster Speaker wire that is
99.99% Oxygen free!

HOW DARE YOU!
*MY* oxygen --PAID-- for that copper!!!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Tim Wescott wrote:

I'm reminded of the scene in Asimov's "Foundation" when the foundation
receives assurance of protection from the Empire, and one of the linguists
parses out all of the meaningless bits -- and is left with nothing.

Kind of like 'Lead Free' solder?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

The EXL 1200 D
(ooooo some mysterious high tech name)
is a feature packed
(I pack features to make the PCB smaller.)
mobile amplifier
(Guess is doesn't fall apart from the vibration.)

No, mobile means it is powered off of 12-16V.

that offers the latest technologies in circuit design
(Amp modules that a monkey can get working?)
as well as the performance that today's mobile audio enthusiasts
demand.
(Damn it! I want to drown out the cop sirens behind me.)
EXL 1200D features an unregulated MOSFET power supply.
(It's got resistors too!)
A toroid-coil transformer
(Ok..that's got me... If anyone knows...Boost convertor??)

When you want high power into a speaker load, 12V isn't enough.
So, they have probably boosted the 12V up to 48V - 80V.

[ V = sqrt(P x R), so 100W and 4 ohms - 20V and
1000W and 4 ohms - 63V ]

and Nickel plated RCA and barrier connectors.
(Not that other crummy metal stuff that's used :P)
Protection circuits safeguard
(Botched DIY install and lawsuit protection.)
the amplifier when overheating
(Damn...It cuts out every time I park in the hot sun. :P)
and speaker shorts or improper load conditions occur.
(Wow! I have no fear in hooking it up wrong..)
The Cerwin Vega EXL 1200D retails for $799.95.
($10.00 in amp modules??)

D from BC

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:
Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

But but but ... suppose you don't drive a Vega?

Do they sell modification kits so it can be installed
in other models? Inquiring minds want to know!

Ed

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:48:16 GMT, ehsjr
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

But but but ... suppose you don't drive a Vega?

Do they sell modification kits so it can be installed
in other models? Inquiring minds want to know!

Ed

Jack Ryan, once head of toy development for Mattel, once married to
Zsa Zsa, now deceased (Jack that is), restored Facel Vegas as a hobby.

I stayed overnight at his home, high up in the Beverly Hills, where he
was adding a facade to make it look like a medieval castle ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:
Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

I wonder if the D suffix is because they're cunningly using a class D
amp because no-one would know the difference after the background noise
and they use a separate heater element to make peeps think it's a linear
amp?

Cheers

PeteS
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

"No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the
intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." -- HL Mencken

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On 8/19/07 2:03 PM, in article ,
"ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:02:50 -0700, Don Bowey wrote:

On 8/18/07 3:59 PM, in article
,

wrote:

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Just shows how easily rap loving retards can be reamed for three times
what something is worth.

Barnum said it right.

And your post just goes to show that you don't understand "worth,"probably
because you have none.

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay. I don't believe Barnum had
anything to say about that.

Crawl back in your hole.

It is NOT "worth" anything to me. My estimation of worth is all that
matter, you worthless piece of ****.

**** off, BoweyTard.

You're so easy it's almost pathetic.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:32:36 +1200, Barry Lennox wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:03:51 -0700, Jim Thompson

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

"No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the
intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." -- HL Mencken

Nor, apparently, lost an election. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Rich Grise wrote:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:32:36 +1200, Barry Lennox wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:03:51 -0700, Jim Thompson

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this
in a magazine....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Cerwin-Vega.jpg

"No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the
intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." -- HL Mencken

Nor, apparently, lost an election. ;-)

Hmmm? Algore underestimated the intelligence of the
great masses of the plain people, and he lost an election.