Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Boy, it sure does take a lot of crap to flash an LED! ;-)

Yes, I have successfully flashed an LED by 1/2 556. The "on" times and "off"
times are independently adjustable, and all of the values are pretty much
as per usual. With a 4.7 tantalum, I can get the flash rate down to about
1.7 Hz (according to the counter that came with the scope), and, much to
my amazement, with no capacitor AT ALL, it gave a pretty reasonable
approximation of a square wave (admittedly, with a little glitch on the
rising edge) at like over 200 KHz! If I had the motivation, I'd bother
to calculate the capacitance of my ProtoBord, but arithmetic isn't my
favorite thing to do. One thing that I was glad to see happen is that
with the 100K pot in series with the 1K fixed, I actually get a 200:1
range, both for "on" time" and for "off" time, so I guess that means
I can tune the duty cycle from 1% to 99%, and in between them, I can
dick around with the frequency. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Attached Thumbnails
Boy, it sure does take a lot of crap to flash an LED! ;-)-astableklooge-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 01:42:31 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:

[...]

Jeez, what a dope. Not for the post account error... for the post
itself.

How many YEARS did it take you to be able to construct a variable
modulation pulser?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

The Newsgroup Wacko wrote:

Yes, I have successfully flashed an LED by 1/2 556.

Use a PIC !

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Yes, use a pic

The picaxe 08M does it in an 8 pin pkg with only Led limiting
resistors for passive parts. Set the delay on or off to the
millisecond. Will flash up to four leds, in any order. On board A/D
if you need it pot adjustable.

Only development board is a serial cable and 9 pin connector. Easy to
learn and use. Works fine on 2 AA batteries, up to 5V, uses very
little power.

I'm coupling them to el cheapo CCD cameras for time lapse photography.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 09:30:57 -0400, default wrote:

Yes, use a pic

The picaxe 08M does it in an 8 pin pkg with only Led limiting
resistors for passive parts. Set the delay on or off to the
millisecond. Will flash up to four leds, in any order. On board A/D
if you need it pot adjustable.

Only development board is a serial cable and 9 pin connector. Easy to
learn and use. Works fine on 2 AA batteries, up to 5V, uses very
little power.

I'm coupling them to el cheapo CCD cameras for time lapse photography.

Wow, something even simpler (in terms of parts count, anyway) than the
now-discontinued LM 3909.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"The Newsgroup Wacko" wrote in message
[...]

I remember those 'flashing' bulbs with the bi metalic strip in them

Colin =^.^=

Do you get crap like this in the US? ian field Electronics Repair 13 November 8th 06 03:10 AM
ledger flash DW Home Repair 0 September 10th 06 05:56 AM
flash burn cj Metalworking 29 November 2nd 05 07:47 PM
Is it possible to Flash Eprom.... neolly Electronics Repair 5 July 24th 05 08:09 AM
Had enough of the crap here D. J. Dorn Woodworking 47 April 5th 05 11:43 AM