Junior Member

Unhappy Is it possible to Flash Eprom....

hi

I got a sony CPD-E220 Monitor.You might know sony doesn't even care on crt monitors.My monitor does'nt work,when it boots it shuts down itself(tik sound heared) and the led changes to amber.so i took to a service center,they told the Eprom has been corrupted(even checked with in-built diagnosis,no display ).The tech guy quote me pretty high price which imo not worthy!.I decided to do some research and do it myself.this way work out much cheaper

found the eprom chip M24C16BN6
found the software needed @ denom.com

guys,i need some clarifications

First of all,could this be eprom corruption or chip damage?

It is possible and good idea to do this way?any complex work needed?(i got the eprom program in hex format and the chip)

If possible,how to flash them?any specific method needed?

How abt the error rate?if any prob occur for eg:bad flash will it spoil the monitor?

Thanks in advance
Junior Member

Red face

bump

anyone
John Bachman

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:08:18 +0100, neolly
wrote:

[...]

You need an Eprom programmer such as the one we offer at
www.anatekcorp.com/testequipment/versaprog.htm

John
AnaTek Corporation
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com

James Sweet

wrote:

[...]

And if you're on a budget, something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

I have one and have been very impressed, it handles every type of memory
chip I've tried.

Keep in mind you'll still need a source for the software that goes on the
eeprom.

Jonathan

Weird, sounds more like a faul causing the PSU to shut down, either that or
it's not detecting (or recieving) the signal from the PC. I think EPROMS are
the last place to look. That service shop might be trying to rip you off.
Get a second opinion.

JD

The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com

dan_etronic

if ticking, the first circuit to check is horizontal deflection and
then power supply, but if you know nothing about repairs leave it to
profesional engineer.... it can be little thing, but don't have to....