Omni Dual Saw - Is it any good?

Old May 20th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Omni Dual Saw - Is it any good?

On May 17, 7:48*pm, wrote:
I really want to thank those that posted links to alternative
sources...

I've sure learned a lot about these saws since my first search a few
days ago that led me to this group.

There's obviously at least two of these saws; possibly all from the
same manufacturer.

The "Dual Saw" is the smaller 5" model with a small motor, and is
...Sears discontinued because they were constantly going up in smoke the first
time they were used long enough to get hot. (Sears still carries the
5" blades but not that saw)...

With that said you should carefully examine the warranty statement for
the Dual Saw: https://www.dualsaw.com/faq.html

"We will replace the unit free of charge during the term of the
guarantee as long as the deficiencies are clearly caused by
construction or material faults, if the machine is returned to us in
the defective condition, S&H paid. The guarantee does not apply for
defects from normal wear, negligence, abnormal or overloading, and
does not cover cables, plugs, or carbon brushes."

If you cut something that takes longer than 2 seconds to cut through
and it burns out the saw are they going to claim it is not covered
under warranty because you over loaded it?
Old May 28th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On May 17, 6:48*pm, wrote:
I really want to thank those that posted links to alternative
sources...

I've sure learned a lot about these saws since my first search a few
days ago that led me to this group.

There's obviously at least two of these saws; possibly all from the
same manufacturer.

The "Dual Saw" is the smaller 5" model with a small motor, and is
probably, from the reviews I found on another site, the one that Sears
discontinued because they were constantly going up in smoke the first
time they were used long enough to get hot. (Sears still carries the
5" blades but not that saw).

Sears now sells the 6 1/4" model, with a motor that's nearly 2 1/2
times more powerful... *...and they're either closing them out or
giving them away in one of their super-sales!

I'm now a proud owner... *...they were out of stock on-line, but I
searched a bunch of stores and found several in stock (had to drive 30
miles round-trip, but it was well worth it. * They sell the 6 1/4"
regularly for $169.99, but right now (through May) have it on sale for
$109.99!! *($60 savings). * With my Craftsman Club discount, I brought
it home for under $100!!!! * ...sure beats the heck out of $220 for an
inferior model!

I still haven't tried it out yet, but the reviews were good on the
larger model... *...and there's always the Sears 100% satisfaction
guarantee.

...sure glad I found this site in a Goggle search

I'm glad to see that craftsman has something similar/more powerful,
I'm just wondering DOES IT OVERHEAT EASILY as couple of the reviews of
this product say it does, check it out:
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_101...rd=twin+cutter

Old June 9th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On May 20, 3:17*pm, wrote:
On May 17, 7:48*pm, wrote:

[...]

hey u never know when you might need 1 to cut someone out of an
automobile
Old June 15th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Check out the reviews section of the Sears 6.25" model:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1... #reviewsWrap

Seems they like to burn out.

Old June 16th 09, 03:35 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Had Billy offered a free Snuggie i would have raced for the phone to
order. Guess i'll stick with using the circular, sawzall and Flowbee
for all my cutting needs.
Old July 26th 09, 11:21 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 16, 10:35*am, Rich wrote:
Had Billy offered a free Snuggie i would have raced for the phone to
order. Guess i'll stick with using the circular, sawzall and Flowbee
for all my cutting needs.

Don't see anything like this at Harbor Freight . . . part nos. or what
do they call it?