Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] kim.flwrs@gmail.com is offline

Default Omni Dual Saw - Is it any good?

On May 20, 3:17*pm, wrote:
On May 17, 7:48*pm, wrote:

I really want to thank those that posted links to alternative
sources...

I've sure learned a lot about these saws since my first search a few
days ago that led me to this group.

There's obviously at least two of these saws; possibly all from the
same manufacturer.

The "Dual Saw" is the smaller 5" model with a small motor, and is
...Sears discontinued because they were constantly going up in smoke the first
time they were used long enough to get hot. (Sears still carries the
5" blades but not that saw)...

With that said you should carefully examine the warranty statement for
the Dual Saw: *https://www.dualsaw.com/faq.html

"We will replace the unit free of charge during the term of the
guarantee as long as the deficiencies are clearly caused by
construction or material faults, if the machine is returned to us in
the defective condition, S&H paid. The guarantee does not apply for
defects from normal wear, negligence, abnormal or overloading, and
does not cover cables, plugs, or carbon brushes."

If you cut something that takes longer than 2 seconds to cut through
and it burns out the saw are they going to claim it is not covered
under warranty because you over loaded it?

hey u never know when you might need 1 to cut someone out of an
automobile