Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cephaslo@gmail.com is offline

Default Omni Dual Saw - Is it any good?

On May 17, 6:48*pm, wrote:
I really want to thank those that posted links to alternative
sources...

I've sure learned a lot about these saws since my first search a few
days ago that led me to this group.

There's obviously at least two of these saws; possibly all from the
same manufacturer.

The "Dual Saw" is the smaller 5" model with a small motor, and is
probably, from the reviews I found on another site, the one that Sears
discontinued because they were constantly going up in smoke the first
time they were used long enough to get hot. (Sears still carries the
5" blades but not that saw).

Sears now sells the 6 1/4" model, with a motor that's nearly 2 1/2
times more powerful... *...and they're either closing them out or
giving them away in one of their super-sales!

I'm now a proud owner... *...they were out of stock on-line, but I
searched a bunch of stores and found several in stock (had to drive 30
miles round-trip, but it was well worth it. * They sell the 6 1/4"
regularly for $169.99, but right now (through May) have it on sale for
$109.99!! *($60 savings). * With my Craftsman Club discount, I brought
it home for under $100!!!! * ...sure beats the heck out of $220 for an
inferior model!

I still haven't tried it out yet, but the reviews were good on the
larger model... *...and there's always the Sears 100% satisfaction
guarantee.

...sure glad I found this site in a Goggle search

I'm glad to see that craftsman has something similar/more powerful,
I'm just wondering DOES IT OVERHEAT EASILY as couple of the reviews of
this product say it does, check it out:
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_101...rd=twin+cutter