Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles

my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 23/02/2017 12:04, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 03:21:16 -0800 (PST), DICEGEORGE
wrote:

my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

Have you tried valved types? Something like these
http://tinyurl.com/j7k6oay Not perfect, but it helps.

I find goggles often mist up whether I'm wearing a mask or not.

Perhaps try some safety glasses. These ones allow room for specs underneath.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p96583?table=no

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 February 2017 11:21:20 UTC, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

That's life. Use ones with as much ventilation as is safe for the job. Pull them away the face briefly frequently.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2017 11:21, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

The advice for ski goggles used to be to rub them with a cut potato -
might be worth trying. I use a face shield which doesn't cause steaming-up
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well this has to be due to a temperature difference. After all when the
temperature drops the moisture condenses out onto the colder surface as cold
air holds less moisture.
If this is the case then either you are sweating a lot or working in a very
cold place.
The usual fix but you can hardly do much about it in a mask is to let more
air flow around.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"DICEGEORGE" wrote in message
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2017 11:21, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

I've had that problem - solved with a 3M 4000 mask. Expensive but makes
everything so much easier. And, I suspect, they actually work.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2017 11:21, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

No steaming problems with the 3M half mask respirators:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-4251-Mai.../dp/B000VDPNCQ

For goggles, you could try a full face visor.

--
Cheers,

John.

Protective goggles: has anyone tried this? Cursitor Doom[_2_] UK diy 7 August 5th 14 02:23 PM
work goggles Doug[_14_] Home Repair 28 March 10th 12 12:40 AM
Magnifying goggles? foggytown Woodworking 5 September 25th 06 06:30 PM
Steam Engine Valve Gear driven by Steam Pressure? [email protected] Metalworking 25 September 2nd 05 05:16 PM
Steam Radiator - ID and Specs.? Michael Stoic Home Repair 5 October 17th 04 09:13 PM