DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/586470-specs-steam-up-dustmask-andor-goggles.html)

dicegeorge February 23rd 17 11:21 AM

Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles

my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

GB February 23rd 17 12:14 PM

Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles

On 23/02/2017 12:04, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 03:21:16 -0800 (PST), DICEGEORGE
wrote:

my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

Have you tried valved types? Something like these
http://tinyurl.com/j7k6oay Not perfect, but it helps.

I find goggles often mist up whether I'm wearing a mask or not.

Perhaps try some safety glasses. These ones allow room for specs underneath.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p96583?table=no

[email protected] February 23rd 17 12:42 PM

On Thursday, 23 February 2017 11:21:20 UTC, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

That's life. Use ones with as much ventilation as is safe for the job. Pull them away the face briefly frequently.

NT

[email protected] February 23rd 17 12:53 PM

On 23/02/2017 11:21, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

The advice for ski goggles used to be to rub them with a cut potato -
might be worth trying. I use a face shield which doesn't cause steaming-up

newshound February 23rd 17 03:34 PM

On 2/23/2017 12:53 PM, wrote:
On 23/02/2017 11:21, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

George

The advice for ski goggles used to be to rub them with a cut potato -
might be worth trying. I use a face shield which doesn't cause steaming-up

Misting of glasses under goggles was a problem in my motorcycling days
before full face helmets. Wiping both sides of the glasses with a dilute
solution either of soap or washing up detergent was a partial solution.
Follow up by polishing with cotton cloth.

Brian Gaff February 23rd 17 05:21 PM

Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles

Well this has to be due to a temperature difference. After all when the
temperature drops the moisture condenses out onto the colder surface as cold
air holds less moisture.
If this is the case then either you are sweating a lot or working in a very
cold place.
The usual fix but you can hardly do much about it in a mask is to let more
air flow around.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

RJH[_2_] February 23rd 17 05:35 PM

Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles

On 23/02/2017 11:21, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

I've had that problem - solved with a 3M 4000 mask. Expensive but makes
everything so much easier. And, I suspect, they actually work.

--
Cheers, Rob

John Rumm February 23rd 17 05:36 PM

Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles

On 23/02/2017 11:21, DICEGEORGE wrote:
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles,
any tips on how to wear them,
or varieties which steam up less?

No steaming problems with the 3M half mask respirators:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-4251-Mai.../dp/B000VDPNCQ

For goggles, you could try a full face visor.

--
Cheers,

John.