Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Free usenet service?

I'm looking for a free usenet service
to replace gmane, which has stopped working for me.
Currently I receive this newsgroup from eternal-september,
but unfortunately they do not keep the newsgroups
that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2014-11-26 20:30:10 +0000, Timothy Murphy said:

I'm looking for a free usenet service
to replace gmane, which has stopped working for me.
Currently I receive this newsgroup from eternal-september,
but unfortunately they do not keep the newsgroups
that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

If you can bear to part with $10 I recommend Astraweb's PAYG - you get
25GB to use as when, which for text groups will be a lifetime. $25 gets
you 180GB and $50 1TB. They also only charge you 20% of the data
download for headers.

It also has years of back posts - you can get them on Google Groups but
it's nice to download the headers in a newsreader.

See http://www.news.astraweb.com/plans.html

E.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Timothy Murphy wrote:
I'm looking for a free usenet service to replace gmane, which
has stopped working for me. Currently I receive this newsgroup
from eternal-september, but unfortunately they do not keep the
newsgroups that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

Start at:

http://www.newsgroupservers.net/free-newsgroup-servers/

which references:

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet..._News_Servers/

The free Usenet servers I usually see mentioned a

Aioe.org Public News server

Albasani.net

Eternal September

I'm currently wasting time at Aioe.org. You don't even need to
register, although the daily limit (you can post 25 messages per
day) might not suit prolific authors.

Amongst the Linux Newsgroups, Aioe.org seem to take:

linux.kernel
linux.redhat
linux.redhat.devel
linux.redhat.install
linux.redhat.misc
linux.redhat.rpm
linux.samba

Don't read the Linux Newsgroups, so I don't know if the above
list is complete.
--
Dennis Davis
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
I'm looking for a free usenet service
to replace gmane, which has stopped working for me.
Currently I receive this newsgroup from eternal-september,
but unfortunately they do not keep the newsgroups
that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

I think it makes more sense to use one that costs peanuts,
news.individual.net, costs just 10 euros a year.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:30:10 +0000, Timothy Murphy
wrote:

I'm looking for a free usenet service
to replace gmane, which has stopped working for me.
Currently I receive this newsgroup from eternal-september,
but unfortunately they do not keep the newsgroups
that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

ES gives me six groups in that hierarchy is the one you want not
amongst them?
https://flic.kr/p/pVhJxu

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
I'm looking for a free usenet service
to replace gmane, which has stopped working for me.
Currently I receive this newsgroup from eternal-september,
but unfortunately they do not keep the newsgroups
that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

news.aioe.org. What I'm posting from.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
I'm looking for a free usenet service
to replace gmane, which has stopped working for me.
Currently I receive this newsgroup from eternal-september,
but unfortunately they do not keep the newsgroups
that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

correo.antakira.com
seems to have a dozen redhat groups

there's dozens of free servers about but they change regularly, see he

http://freeusenetnews.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2014 20:30, Timothy Murphy wrote:
I'm looking for a free usenet service
to replace gmane, which has stopped working for me.
Currently I receive this newsgroup from eternal-september,
but unfortunately they do not keep the newsgroups
that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

BT stopped free usenet .... so after some suggestions here I switched to
AIOE.org
Not only is it free and has all groups I need ... it loads much faster
that BT ever did.

Free usenet Steve B[_13_] Metalworking 9 February 24th 12 05:18 AM
Free USENET server Was: Bathroom cabinet electrical shock? Dean Heighington UK diy 1 May 28th 11 11:44 PM
Cox Latest To Dump Free Usenet Access Oren[_2_] Home Repair 23 April 24th 10 07:18 PM
AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down dusty Woodworking 1 July 1st 09 11:50 PM
AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down dusty Woodworking 0 July 1st 09 09:06 PM