Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis Davis Dennis Davis is offline

Default Free usenet service?

In article ,
Timothy Murphy wrote:
I'm looking for a free usenet service to replace gmane, which
has stopped working for me. Currently I receive this newsgroup
from eternal-september, but unfortunately they do not keep the
newsgroups that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

Start at:

http://www.newsgroupservers.net/free-newsgroup-servers/

which references:

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet..._News_Servers/

The free Usenet servers I usually see mentioned a

Aioe.org Public News server

Albasani.net

Eternal September

I'm currently wasting time at Aioe.org. You don't even need to
register, although the daily limit (you can post 25 messages per
day) might not suit prolific authors.

Amongst the Linux Newsgroups, Aioe.org seem to take:

linux.kernel
linux.redhat
linux.redhat.devel
linux.redhat.install
linux.redhat.misc
linux.redhat.rpm
linux.samba

Don't read the Linux Newsgroups, so I don't know if the above
list is complete.
--
Dennis Davis