Posted to uk.d-i-y
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default Free usenet service?

On 2014-11-26 20:30:10 +0000, Timothy Murphy said:

I'm looking for a free usenet service
to replace gmane, which has stopped working for me.
Currently I receive this newsgroup from eternal-september,
but unfortunately they do not keep the newsgroups
that I am looking for, linux.redhat.*

Any suggestions (or advice) gratefully received.

If you can bear to part with $10 I recommend Astraweb's PAYG - you get
25GB to use as when, which for text groups will be a lifetime. $25 gets
you 180GB and $50 1TB. They also only charge you 20% of the data
download for headers.

It also has years of back posts - you can get them on Google Groups but
it's nice to download the headers in a newsreader.

See http://www.news.astraweb.com/plans.html

E.