Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default NuTool

Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.
Would anyone have an idea if NuTool of Doncaster is still going?
Their website is down and their telephone rings without answering.
Brad

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 6, 10:49*am, "Dave" wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.
Would anyone have an idea if NuTool of Doncaster is still going?
Their website is down and their telephone rings without answering.
Brad

Last time I spoke to someone there (maybe 18 months ago, when I was
looking for a guide bush for a NuTool-supplied Wickes router), I was
told that they'd stopped selling under their own name and only
imported/badged own-label products for other sellers.

Perhaps any NuTool stuff is clearance stock working its way through
the system without any spares/support.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
mike wrote:
Perhaps any NuTool stuff is clearance stock working its way through
the system without any spares/support.

Was there ever much in the way of support for NuTool? There rarely is with
these 'budget' brands.

--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 6, 1:02*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Was there ever much in the way of support for NuTool? There rarely is with
these 'budget' brands.

Well, limited spares and accessories I think. And they were listed as
the Wickes service agents for tools they supplied, whatever that
amounted to in reality. So, yeah, your scepticism is probably
correct!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
mike wrote:
On Sep 6, 1:02 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Was there ever much in the way of support for NuTool? There rarely is
with these 'budget' brands.

Well, limited spares and accessories I think. And they were listed as
the Wickes service agents for tools they supplied, whatever that
amounted to in reality. So, yeah, your scepticism is probably correct!

I had a Nutool pillar drill - from when NuTool was the B&Q brand. The
safety screen broke off quite early on, and they couldn't supply a spare.
Not that I really expected them to.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/09/2011 10:49, Dave wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

If you do, make sure you handle it before you buy. Some I have seen have
so much slop in the plunge mechanism as to be useless. (i.e. try rocking
the router body on the legs. There should be *no* movement possible in
any axis or direction other than straight up and down the plunge axis)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 6, 10:49*am, "Dave" wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

A word of advice - Don't!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/09/2011 17:59, 82045 wrote:
On Sep 6, 10:49 am, wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

A word of advice - Don't!

+1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

I've had pretty good experience of their tools, as long as I bought
them knowing that they were cheap and limited. Sometimes that is not
such a false economy.

I haven't bought any for a couple of years, but remember that they
used to offer a 2 year guarantee on most things. Not worth a jot now,
of course, but it was useful in the past. I took a SDS pneumatic/
hammer drill back to the retailer after about 19 months of total abuse
and they refunded it without question, saying that NuTool were good at
exchanging in the warranty period. I'm not sure if they were or if it
was just the retailer being generous. Either way, they refunded the
full original price, which I then immediately used to buy the latest
NuTool equivalent SDS drill. To make it even more sweet, the new
model cost £15 less than I originally paid. Result!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kalico wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

I've had pretty good experience of their tools, as long as I bought
them knowing that they were cheap and limited. Sometimes that is not
such a false economy.

Agreed. I needed a dirty water pump. I was prepared to waste £30 for a one
off use but the pump is still going.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Kalico wrote:
I've had pretty good experience of their tools, as long as I bought
them knowing that they were cheap and limited. Sometimes that is not
such a false economy.

I has no real complaints about the pillar drill I bought - it gave good
service. But I reckon these days Lidl own brand are the tops for budget
power tools. That Nutool drill was replaced by a Lidl one.

--
*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Dave Plowman (News), Phil wrote:
Blorenge, its a mountain. Rhymes with orange. Google it

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/nutool-728886-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 21:44:05 UTC+1, Phil wrote:
replying to Dave Plowman (News), Phil wrote:
Blorenge, its a mountain. Rhymes with orange. Google it

If a porringer is a porridge maker, what's a porringe?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Phil m wrote:
replying to Dave Plowman (News), Phil wrote:
Blorenge, its a mountain. Rhymes with orange. Google it

I'm sure that makes perfect sense to one so stupid as to reply to a post
yonks old without quoting it.

To others, it will remain forever a mystery.

--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes well I was bemused beyond the state where my bemusement could stand.
However the real culprit here is that bleedin stupid web portal to Usenet.
Designed by somebody who simply does not understand what Usenet is.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

nutool Maurice Hood UK diy 6 June 6th 06 12:30 PM
NuTool tile cutter Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 0 March 12th 05 12:22 PM
??Diagram for Nutool NPJ130 thicknesser Paul Loseby Woodworking 2 May 21st 04 03:55 PM
Nutool NPK850 Rich UK diy 8 September 26th 03 10:13 AM
Nutool Dovetail Jig- any good??? Frank McVey Woodworking 0 August 20th 03 06:39 PM