DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   NuTool (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/328148-nutool.html)

DAVE September 6th 11 10:49 AM

NuTool

Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.
Would anyone have an idea if NuTool of Doncaster is still going?
Their website is down and their telephone rings without answering.
Brad

mike[_7_] September 6th 11 12:11 PM

NuTool

On Sep 6, 10:49*am, "Dave" wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.
Would anyone have an idea if NuTool of Doncaster is still going?
Their website is down and their telephone rings without answering.
Brad

Last time I spoke to someone there (maybe 18 months ago, when I was
looking for a guide bush for a NuTool-supplied Wickes router), I was
told that they'd stopped selling under their own name and only
imported/badged own-label products for other sellers.

Perhaps any NuTool stuff is clearance stock working its way through
the system without any spares/support.

Dave Plowman (News) September 6th 11 01:02 PM

NuTool

In article
,
mike wrote:
Perhaps any NuTool stuff is clearance stock working its way through
the system without any spares/support.

Was there ever much in the way of support for NuTool? There rarely is with
these 'budget' brands.

--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

mike[_7_] September 6th 11 02:51 PM

NuTool

On Sep 6, 1:02*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Was there ever much in the way of support for NuTool? There rarely is with
these 'budget' brands.

Well, limited spares and accessories I think. And they were listed as
the Wickes service agents for tools they supplied, whatever that
amounted to in reality. So, yeah, your scepticism is probably
correct!

Dave Plowman (News) September 6th 11 03:10 PM

NuTool

In article
,
mike wrote:
On Sep 6, 1:02 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Was there ever much in the way of support for NuTool? There rarely is
with these 'budget' brands.

Well, limited spares and accessories I think. And they were listed as
the Wickes service agents for tools they supplied, whatever that
amounted to in reality. So, yeah, your scepticism is probably correct!

I had a Nutool pillar drill - from when NuTool was the B&Q brand. The
safety screen broke off quite early on, and they couldn't supply a spare.
Not that I really expected them to.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

John Rumm September 6th 11 05:13 PM

NuTool

On 06/09/2011 10:49, Dave wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

If you do, make sure you handle it before you buy. Some I have seen have
so much slop in the plunge mechanism as to be useless. (i.e. try rocking
the router body on the legs. There should be *no* movement possible in
any axis or direction other than straight up and down the plunge axis)

--
Cheers,

John.

82045 September 6th 11 05:59 PM

NuTool

On Sep 6, 10:49*am, "Dave" wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

A word of advice - Don't!

The Medway Handyman September 6th 11 06:46 PM

NuTool

On 06/09/2011 17:59, 82045 wrote:
On Sep 6, 10:49 am, wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

A word of advice - Don't!

+1

Kalico September 6th 11 07:09 PM

NuTool

Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

I've had pretty good experience of their tools, as long as I bought
them knowing that they were cheap and limited. Sometimes that is not
such a false economy.

I haven't bought any for a couple of years, but remember that they
used to offer a 2 year guarantee on most things. Not worth a jot now,
of course, but it was useful in the past. I took a SDS pneumatic/
hammer drill back to the retailer after about 19 months of total abuse
and they refunded it without question, saying that NuTool were good at
exchanging in the warranty period. I'm not sure if they were or if it
was just the retailer being generous. Either way, they refunded the
full original price, which I then immediately used to buy the latest
NuTool equivalent SDS drill. To make it even more sweet, the new
model cost £15 less than I originally paid. Result!

ARWadsworth September 6th 11 07:12 PM

NuTool

Kalico wrote:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router.

I've had pretty good experience of their tools, as long as I bought
them knowing that they were cheap and limited. Sometimes that is not
such a false economy.

Agreed. I needed a dirty water pump. I was prepared to waste £30 for a one
off use but the pump is still going.

--
Adam

Dave Plowman (News) September 6th 11 10:19 PM

NuTool

In article
,
Kalico wrote:
I've had pretty good experience of their tools, as long as I bought
them knowing that they were cheap and limited. Sometimes that is not
such a false economy.

I has no real complaints about the pillar drill I bought - it gave good
service. But I reckon these days Lidl own brand are the tops for budget
power tools. That Nutool drill was replaced by a Lidl one.

--
*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory *

Phil[_32_] September 5th 17 09:44 PM

NuTool

replying to Dave Plowman (News), Phil wrote:
Blorenge, its a mountain. Rhymes with orange. Google it

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/nutool-728886-.htm

[email protected] September 5th 17 11:01 PM

NuTool

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 21:44:05 UTC+1, Phil wrote:
replying to Dave Plowman (News), Phil wrote:
Blorenge, its a mountain. Rhymes with orange. Google it

If a porringer is a porridge maker, what's a porringe?

Dave Plowman (News) September 5th 17 11:30 PM

NuTool

In article ,
Phil m wrote:
replying to Dave Plowman (News), Phil wrote:
Blorenge, its a mountain. Rhymes with orange. Google it

I'm sure that makes perfect sense to one so stupid as to reply to a post
yonks old without quoting it.

To others, it will remain forever a mystery.

--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

Brian Gaff September 6th 17 07:57 AM

NuTool

Yes well I was bemused beyond the state where my bemusement could stand.
However the real culprit here is that bleedin stupid web portal to Usenet.
Designed by somebody who simply does not understand what Usenet is.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Max Demian September 6th 17 01:33 PM

NuTool

On 05/09/2017 23:01, wrote:

If a porringer is a porridge maker, what's a porringe?

message - messenger
passage - passenger
porridge - porringer

(At least Chamber's Dictionary thinks there's a connection - "inserted
nouns.")

--
Max Demian