Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do I do a DIY reset of off balance spin sensor on a Hoover Vision HD washing machine - anyone?

My daughter, who doesn't live nearby, has one of these machines and it looks
like the off balance sensor has tripped.

In the handbook it says to redistribute the load - this doesn't overcome the
problem.

The handbook also says 'The machine is fitted with a special electronic
device, which prevents the spin cycle should the load be unbalanced'.
It goes on to say ' If the fault should persist contact a Hoover Technical
Assistance Centre'. They would no doubt make arrangements for an engineer to
call.

The handbook gives no other info on how to do this electronic reset.

The machine is about 2 yrs old.

I will hopefully be going down there this weekend and would like to be able
to do the reset myself if possible.

Does anyone know how to reset that special electronic device.
Is it a sequence of undocumented button presses or something else?

Any help welcome.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/09/2010 10:47, Booty wrote:
My daughter, who doesn't live nearby, has one of these machines and it looks
like the off balance sensor has tripped.

In the handbook it says to redistribute the load - this doesn't overcome the
problem.

The handbook also says 'The machine is fitted with a special electronic
device, which prevents the spin cycle should the load be unbalanced'.
It goes on to say ' If the fault should persist contact a Hoover Technical
Assistance Centre'. They would no doubt make arrangements for an engineer to
call.

Has she tried just temporarily unplugging the machine at the mains? ISTR
seems to work with my Bosch if this happens.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Nothing you quoted from the handbook suggests to me that there is a reset
procedure other than opening the door and redistributing the load.

What are the symptoms that lead you to suspect a drum balance problem?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:46:10 +0100, Lobster
wrote:

On 09/09/2010 10:47, Booty wrote:
My daughter, who doesn't live nearby, has one of these machines and it looks
like the off balance sensor has tripped.

In the handbook it says to redistribute the load - this doesn't overcome the
problem.

The handbook also says 'The machine is fitted with a special electronic
device, which prevents the spin cycle should the load be unbalanced'.
It goes on to say ' If the fault should persist contact a Hoover Technical
Assistance Centre'. They would no doubt make arrangements for an engineer to
call.

Has she tried just temporarily unplugging the machine at the mains? ISTR
seems to work with my Bosch if this happens.

Does it actually 'trip' and need manually resetting or just not ramp
up the spin speed (as on our Zanussi) once tripped?

I /think/ ours comes to a stop, reverses for a bit then starts forward
again (redistributing the now slightly dryer / lighter load).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. This is the 13 month old machine I got off Freecycle that had
been replaced under the original owners warrantee because it was
'beyond economical repair'. Whilst repairing it (economically g) I
noted the machine was able to spin at 1400 rpm but molded into the tub
said 'Max 1100 rpm'. Therefore we only run it at 900rpm and it's been
fine for over 13 months now. ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:47:31 +0100, "Booty" wrote:

My daughter, who doesn't live nearby, has one of these machines and it looks
like the off balance sensor has tripped.

In the handbook it says to redistribute the load - this doesn't overcome the
problem.

I'd take a spare set of motor brushes :-).

There is no out of balance sensor as such. The motor controller does
the job by detecting large variations in the motor current caused by
an out of balance load. Worn brushes produce similar load variations
and can cause the out of balance error.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Peter Parry writes:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:47:31 +0100, "Booty" wrote:

My daughter, who doesn't live nearby, has one of these machines and it looks
like the off balance sensor has tripped.

In the handbook it says to redistribute the load - this doesn't overcome the
problem.

I'd take a spare set of motor brushes :-).

There is no out of balance sensor as such. The motor controller does
the job by detecting large variations in the motor current caused by
an out of balance load. Worn brushes produce similar load variations
and can cause the out of balance error.

On my Hotpoint, it detects it by looking for a seriously non-constant
rotational speed from the tacho feedback when rotating the drum just
fast enough that the clothes are no longer falling away as they go
around the top of the drum. If it's unbalanced, it stops the drum,
rotates backwards and forwards a few times, and retries. If 3 attempts
fail to distribute the clothes evenly, it goes on to spin anyway, but
at lower speed.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 9, 9:47 pm, "Booty" wrote:

The handbook also says 'The machine is fitted with a special electronic
device, which prevents the spin cycle should the load be unbalanced'.
It goes on to say ' If the fault should persist contact a Hoover Technical
Assistance Centre'. They would no doubt make arrangements for an engineer to
call.

On an entirely different brand, there's a spring on one side of the
drum, holding it away from a microswitch on the other side. The reset
process is to find the spring which has fallen into the bottom of the
machine, and put it back. Or if the spring has broken use some hat
elastic as a temporary measure.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Matty F" wrote in message ...
On Sep 9, 9:47 pm, "Booty" wrote:

The handbook also says 'The machine is fitted with a special electronic
device, which prevents the spin cycle should the load be unbalanced'.
It goes on to say ' If the fault should persist contact a Hoover Technical
Assistance Centre'. They would no doubt make arrangements for an engineer to
call.

On an entirely different brand, there's a spring on one side of the
drum, holding it away from a microswitch on the other side. The reset
process is to find the spring which has fallen into the bottom of the
machine, and put it back. Or if the spring has broken use some hat
elastic as a temporary measure.

Bendix spring?
I'll get me coat.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Graham., Popa Claudia wrote:
did you fixed it?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ov-655172-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/18 13:14, Popa Claudia wrote:
replying to Graham., Popa Claudia wrote:
did you fixed it?

Jim did. But that's another story.