Posted to uk.d-i-y
Booty Booty is offline

Default How do I do a DIY reset of off balance spin sensor on a Hoover Vision HD washing machine - anyone?

My daughter, who doesn't live nearby, has one of these machines and it looks
like the off balance sensor has tripped.

In the handbook it says to redistribute the load - this doesn't overcome the
problem.

The handbook also says 'The machine is fitted with a special electronic
device, which prevents the spin cycle should the load be unbalanced'.
It goes on to say ' If the fault should persist contact a Hoover Technical
Assistance Centre'. They would no doubt make arrangements for an engineer to
call.

The handbook gives no other info on how to do this electronic reset.

The machine is about 2 yrs old.

I will hopefully be going down there this weekend and would like to be able
to do the reset myself if possible.

Does anyone know how to reset that special electronic device.
Is it a sequence of undocumented button presses or something else?

Any help welcome.