Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do I do a DIY reset of off balance spin sensor on a Hoover Vision HD washing machine - anyone?

In article ,
Peter Parry writes:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:47:31 +0100, "Booty" wrote:

My daughter, who doesn't live nearby, has one of these machines and it looks
like the off balance sensor has tripped.

In the handbook it says to redistribute the load - this doesn't overcome the
problem.

I'd take a spare set of motor brushes :-).

There is no out of balance sensor as such. The motor controller does
the job by detecting large variations in the motor current caused by
an out of balance load. Worn brushes produce similar load variations
and can cause the out of balance error.

On my Hotpoint, it detects it by looking for a seriously non-constant
rotational speed from the tacho feedback when rotating the drum just
fast enough that the clothes are no longer falling away as they go
around the top of the drum. If it's unbalanced, it stops the drum,
rotates backwards and forwards a few times, and retries. If 3 attempts
fail to distribute the clothes evenly, it goes on to spin anyway, but
at lower speed.

--
Andrew Gabriel