Names for door and frame parts

Old January 12th 06, 09:01 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Names for door and frame parts

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a reference to the correct names for door and
door frame parts?

TIA, Mark
Old January 12th 06, 09:11 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:

Can anyone point me to a reference to the correct names for door and
door frame parts?

How about:
http://www.hometips.com/content/hinged_intro.html

David
Old January 12th 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:11:58 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Mark wrote:

Can anyone point me to a reference to the correct names for door and
door frame parts?

How about:
http://www.hometips.com/content/hinged_intro.html

Thanks, that covers most of it. However I don't what what the metal
plate is called that fits into the frame where the lock inserts.

Cheers, M

Old January 12th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mark wrote:

Can anyone point me to a reference to the correct names for door and
door frame parts?

How about:
http://www.hometips.com/content/hinged_intro.html

Thanks, that covers most of it. However I don't what what the metal
plate is called that fits into the frame where the lock inserts.

It's called a lock/latch 'receiver'.

The bit that covers the keyhole is called an 'escutcheon plate'

Old January 12th 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian G wrote:
"Mark" wrote:
Thanks, that covers most of it. However I don't what what the metal
plate is called that fits into the frame where the lock inserts.

It's called a lock/latch 'receiver'.

That's also called a 'striking plate'

--
Adrian C
Old January 12th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:01:57 +0000, Mark wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a reference to the correct names for door and
door frame parts?

As below:

Door

Frame

Hinges

Door knob

Lock

Knocker

Wooden bit along the bottom

Draught excluder

Stick on numbers

"No Jehovas" sign

Doorbell

Sponix
Old January 13th 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.hometips.com/content/hinged_intro.html wrong about the door
- it's a muntin not a mullion, and completely wrong about the
frame/casing/lining etc.

cheers

Jacob

Muntin....Hear, hear. And where are those (profiled) architraves?
When you buy a simple door frame from, say, Wickes, what is that spare bit
of distance-keeping wood nailed at the bottom called?