Jerry Levine

Default How to install Storm Doors?

I just finished installing a Pella door for my son-in-law that he bought at
Lowe's in NC. It's not rocket science. 99% common sense. Read the
instructions thoroughly before doing and it's best to have someone helping
you. The first door is going to take several hours, the others less
wrote in message
I'm going to buy three new storm doors or maybe security type doors. Two
back doors and one front door.
I will price both at Home Depot and Lowes. Is this a job that I'm going
to be able to do myself with the help of a friend, or is this something
a carpenter has to do? Does it take any special tools? I have the basic
hand tools.
Thanks Margo

Jim Nitz

wrote in message
I'm going to buy three new storm doors or maybe security type doors.

Two
back doors and one front door.
I will price both at Home Depot and Lowes. Is this a job that I'm

going
to be able to do myself with the help of a friend, or is this

something
a carpenter has to do? Does it take any special tools? I have the

basic
hand tools.
Thanks Margo

One word of caution, and this depends on the door you buy. Some of
those wood core doors are now only 3/4" of an inch thick. If the ones
you purchase are like this, make sure you get the frame hinge screws in
straight, or you will find them coming out the back/front of door skin.
Seen this before.

Amos

Trent© wrote:

Good job, Margo. Ya got a good quality door.

And buying just one...for a starter...was a good idea.

Have a nice week...

Trent

You're gay aren't you?

Arra Movsesien