Tim McKee

Default swimming pool hoses blowing off

I've had a problem the last couple of years with my filter hoses
blowing off and draining gobs of water from my above ground swimming
pool. I backwash weekly, have the hoses clamped securely (I can pull
back very hard and they don't come off). Last blow off, after I spent
5 hours filling the pool back up, I immediately did a backwash and the
filter water was clear. However, in the pool there was some sand a
debris that wasn't there prior to the blow off.

Its gotten to the point that I only run the skimmer when I can keep an
eye on the pool so I don't loose the pump after a hose comes off
(about 5 hours a day now) This is becoming impracticle with this
year's weather and the algae that creeps in.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks, Tim
iBuyMinis

I have an above ground pool and I have never had this happen. Obviously
check your connections to ensure that they are tight.
I know it's silly but check to make sure that your hoses are routed properly
in the correct orientation (outflow and inflow corresponding to inlet and
outlet from pump.)

Good luck.

------------------------------
http://iBuyMinis.Us

"Tim McKee" wrote in message
m...
I've had a problem the last couple of years with my filter hoses
blowing off and draining gobs of water from my above ground swimming
pool. I backwash weekly, have the hoses clamped securely (I can pull
back very hard and they don't come off). Last blow off, after I spent
5 hours filling the pool back up, I immediately did a backwash and the
filter water was clear. However, in the pool there was some sand a
debris that wasn't there prior to the blow off.

Its gotten to the point that I only run the skimmer when I can keep an
eye on the pool so I don't loose the pump after a hose comes off
(about 5 hours a day now) This is becoming impracticle with this
year's weather and the algae that creeps in.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks, Tim

Tim McKee

Remove the tapered fittings and replace them with barbed ones.

tnom,

Sounds like good advice.

I was wondering, did you have the problem I spoke of or did
you plumbing come installed that way?

-Tim
Don Phillipson

"Tim McKee" wrote in message
m...

Remove the tapered fittings and replace them with barbed ones.

Aquafresh and perhaps other manufacturers now
make screw-fit connection couplers, which I used
between skimmer and pump this season (replacing
clamped friction-fit connectors.) You have to use lots
of plumber's teflon tape (6 turns on the threads and
total 9 in the right angle beyond the threads, as Sam
at the pool store advised: no leaks) but this will be a
lot easier to disassemble next winter.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

Swimming pool plumbing ? JK UK diy 14 June 2nd 04 09:32 AM
using a shower unit to heat a swimming pool Smithwood456789 UK diy 11 July 25th 03 10:22 AM
Swimming Pool with Insulation. Hal UK diy 8 July 19th 03 10:14 PM
Prepare Land for Swimming Pool Paul Home Repair 6 June 28th 03 11:00 PM
Indoor swimming pool BAQUACIL problems, please advise BruteGuy82 Home Repair 0 June 25th 03 03:47 AM