Tim McKee

Default swimming pool hoses blowing off

I've had a problem the last couple of years with my filter hoses
blowing off and draining gobs of water from my above ground swimming
pool. I backwash weekly, have the hoses clamped securely (I can pull
back very hard and they don't come off). Last blow off, after I spent
5 hours filling the pool back up, I immediately did a backwash and the
filter water was clear. However, in the pool there was some sand a
debris that wasn't there prior to the blow off.

Its gotten to the point that I only run the skimmer when I can keep an
eye on the pool so I don't loose the pump after a hose comes off
(about 5 hours a day now) This is becoming impracticle with this
year's weather and the algae that creeps in.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks, Tim