Default swimming pool hoses blowing off

On 3 Jul 2003 06:13:03 -0700, (Tim McKee) wrote:

I've had a problem the last couple of years with my filter hoses
blowing off and draining gobs of water from my above ground swimming
pool. I backwash weekly, have the hoses clamped securely (I can pull
back very hard and they don't come off). Last blow off, after I spent
5 hours filling the pool back up, I immediately did a backwash and the
filter water was clear. However, in the pool there was some sand a
debris that wasn't there prior to the blow off.

Its gotten to the point that I only run the skimmer when I can keep an
eye on the pool so I don't loose the pump after a hose comes off
(about 5 hours a day now) This is becoming impracticle with this
year's weather and the algae that creeps in.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks, Tim

Remove the tapered fittings and replace them with barbed ones.