Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Harry, are you going anyway...

....just to see if he shows up?

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who
if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London
Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...173439598.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 14, 12:34*am, Red Green wrote:
...just to see if he shows up?

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who
if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London
Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...al/keith-moon-...

Heh Heh. Hilarious. But I'm not surprised.
The Olympic games arrangements are a long running cock up.
Absolutely unbelievable the stupidity and incompetance we've watched
over the last few years. Just about every aspect of it.
Billions of tax money down the drain.

The security costs alone are gonna be millions.
There will be warships on the Thames, missile batteries at Buck.
Palace and machine gun nests at all the tube stations. Gunships and
RAF on standby to shoot down hi-jacked airliners. They are keeping
troops nearby in APCs.
60,000 cops wandering the streets.

The cost nas gone to about six times original estimates and a lot of
private sponsership has disappeared these days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond...e_cost_of.html

I could have posted it all as a "you-couldn't-make-it-up"

At the end of it all it will be **** compared with the Chinese show
last time too.
Bound to be, who could compete with that?

I won't be attending, sport bores me. The TV will be endless on the
stuff as well, Arghhh.

Even the way tickets were allocated was weird and crooked. And
expensive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

...just to see if he shows up?

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who
if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London
Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...moon-drummer-d
ied-1978-invited-play-olympics-173439598.html

I think they looked at Keith Richards who LOOKS like he has been dead 34
years and decided to chance it. (g).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 00:07:00 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Apr 14, 12:34*am, Red Green wrote:
...just to see if he shows up?

Heh Heh. Hilarious. But I'm not surprised.
The Olympic games arrangements are a long running cock up.
Absolutely unbelievable the stupidity and incompetance we've watched
over the last few years. Just about every aspect of it.
Billions of tax money down the drain.

snip

The cost nas gone to about six times original estimates and a lot of
private sponsership has disappeared these days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond...e_cost_of.html

I could have posted it all as a "you-couldn't-make-it-up"

Must be the "prestige" that goes with being the sponsor city. Every
event just tries to top the previous one, no matter the cost in money
or inconvenience of the neighbors.

The event is just a big spectacle to showcase the best athletes money
can buy. At least with SAT TV we have a big choice of things to
watch during that time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Billions of tax money down the drain.

The security costs alone are gonna be millions.

That's what you get when you host the olypics in an islamic country...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 07:50:00 -0500, G. Morgan
wrote:

That's what you get when you host the olypics in an islamic country...

And here's the kicker, they had to make special changes in the law
to allow the shooting sports to be held! To possess a .22 pistol
there is akin to an American owning an ICBM!

If I recall, the shooting team had / has to practice in Ireland.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 23:34:43 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who
if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London
Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

He was a great drummer. When I watch some videos of Moon, I start
giggling. I bet harry looks just like him...

One time he put cherry bombs in his drum set and they exploded.

Duct tape (?) to hold his earphones on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNGqf6iSME
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who
if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London
Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

He was a great drummer. When I watch some videos of Moon, I start
giggling. I bet harry looks just like him...

One time he put cherry bombs in his drum set and they exploded.

Duct tape (?) to hold his earphones on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNGqf6iSME

That's great. Thanks for posting. As an ex-drummer (non-pro) I always
thought his manner of playing was sloppy but the end result was amazing.
I can't say I'd recommend his style to anyone but it sure worked for him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
...just to see if he shows up?

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who
if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London
Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...173439598.html

He'll probably be there in "spirit"
snicker

Posted to alt.home.repair

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Home Guy wrote:

harry wrote:

Billions of tax money down the drain.

The security costs alone are gonna be millions.

That's what you get when you host the olypics in an islamic country...

And here's the kicker, they had to make special changes in the law
to allow the shooting sports to be held! To possess a .22 pistol
there is akin to an American owning an ICBM!

Their national shooting teams have had to practice on the continent, since
they can NOT practice in England

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 3:54*pm, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:
"G. Morgan" wrote in message

Home Guy wrote:

harry wrote:

Billions of tax money down the drain.

The security costs alone are gonna be millions.

That's what you get when you host the olypics in an islamic country...

And here's the kicker, they had to make special changes in the law
to allow the shooting sports to be held! *To possess a .22 pistol
there is akin to an American owning an ICBM!

Their national shooting teams have had to practice on the continent, since
they can NOT practice in England

True. It will interesting to see how they compare with USAians.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
"G. Morgan" wrote in message

Home Guy wrote:

harry wrote:

Billions of tax money down the drain.

The security costs alone are gonna be millions.

That's what you get when you host the olypics in an islamic country...

And here's the kicker, they had to make special changes in the law
to allow the shooting sports to be held! To possess a .22 pistol
there is akin to an American owning an ICBM!

Their national shooting teams have had to practice on the continent,
since
they can NOT practice in England

True. It will interesting to see how they compare with USAians.

Why ?
Olympic competition of any type is completely different from the interests
of the general population
That includes the shooting sports

But here's a site where you can see for yourself.
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/olshoot.shtml
I'll note that while the US is present in just about all Competition, the UK
is visibly absent from most.
Hell, even the Swedes, Greenlanders and even the Hungarians are present
where the UK is absent
So, I doubt that there will be much change in 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/2012 2:07 AM, harry wrote:
On Apr 14, 12:34 am, Red wrote:
[...]

It's all Bush's fault. ^_^

TDD

One for harry The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 10 April 4th 12 04:05 PM
There's something about harry RicodJour[_2_] Home Repair 43 October 17th 11 03:01 PM
OT - Here's One for ya Harry Red Green Home Repair 28 July 25th 11 08:53 PM
OT for Harry Frank[_13_] Home Repair 0 March 29th 11 02:24 PM
Harry Truman Don Bowey Electronic Schematics 2 October 15th 08 02:31 AM