Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Harry, are you going anyway...

On 4/14/2012 2:07 AM, harry wrote:
On Apr 14, 12:34 am, Red wrote:
...just to see if he shows up?

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who
if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London
Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...al/keith-moon-...

Heh Heh. Hilarious. But I'm not surprised.
The Olympic games arrangements are a long running cock up.
Absolutely unbelievable the stupidity and incompetance we've watched
over the last few years. Just about every aspect of it.
Billions of tax money down the drain.

The security costs alone are gonna be millions.
There will be warships on the Thames, missile batteries at Buck.
Palace and machine gun nests at all the tube stations. Gunships and
RAF on standby to shoot down hi-jacked airliners. They are keeping
troops nearby in APCs.
60,000 cops wandering the streets.

The cost nas gone to about six times original estimates and a lot of
private sponsership has disappeared these days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond...e_cost_of.html

I could have posted it all as a "you-couldn't-make-it-up"

At the end of it all it will be **** compared with the Chinese show
last time too.
Bound to be, who could compete with that?

I won't be attending, sport bores me. The TV will be endless on the
stuff as well, Arghhh.

Even the way tickets were allocated was weird and crooked. And
expensive.

It's all Bush's fault. ^_^

TDD