Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moen single shower handle

Had a problem with my old single handle for my Moen upright shower not
completely turning off and the shower drips just a but. I replaced it with
a new Moen kit and it was fine for a while but now it's doing the same thing
the old one was. If I keep pushing on it it eventually will close enought to
stop the water.

Can I use some kind of lubricant (silicone spray) to fix this or what does
any of the pro's in here recommend.
This thing has been driving me nuts lately.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"p-nut" wrote in message

Had a problem with my old single handle for my Moen upright shower not
completely turning off and the shower drips just a but. I replaced it with
a new Moen kit and it was fine for a while but now it's doing the same

thing
the old one was. If I keep pushing on it it eventually will close enought

stop the water.

Can I use some kind of lubricant (silicone spray) to fix this or what does
any of the pro's in here recommend.

What does the Moen web site recommend?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Phillipson blurted out in alt.home.repair:

"p-nut" wrote in message

Had a problem with my old single handle for my Moen upright shower not
completely turning off and the shower drips just a but. I replaced it with
a new Moen kit and it was fine for a while but now it's doing the same

thing
the old one was. If I keep pushing on it it eventually will close enought

stop the water.

Can I use some kind of lubricant (silicone spray) to fix this or what does
any of the pro's in here recommend.

What does the Moen web site recommend?

Never thought to check there.
It says to replace the cartridge which should be a cheap part.
Thanks for the tip.

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

"p-nut" wrote in message

Had a problem with my old single handle for my Moen upright shower not
completely turning off and the shower drips just a but. I replaced it with
a new Moen kit and it was fine for a while but now it's doing the same

thing
the old one was. If I keep pushing on it it eventually will close enought

stop the water.

Can I use some kind of lubricant (silicone spray) to fix this or what does
any of the pro's in here recommend.

What does the Moen web site recommend?

Never thought to check there.
It says to replace the cartridge which should be a cheap part.
Thanks for the tip.- Hide quoted text -

some of the mfgrs. have a lifetime warranty, if you are the original
purchaser of said valve, you might be able to get a cartridge from
them for free

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair
cln cln is offline

"p-nut" wrote in message

Had a problem with my old single handle for my Moen upright shower not
completely turning off and the shower drips just a but. I replaced it with
a new Moen kit and it was fine for a while but now it's doing the same
thing
the old one was. If I keep pushing on it it eventually will close enought
stop the water.

Can I use some kind of lubricant (silicone spray) to fix this or what does
any of the pro's in here recommend.

What does the Moen web site recommend?

Never thought to check there.
It says to replace the cartridge which should be a cheap part.
Thanks for the tip.- Hide quoted text -

some of the mfgrs. have a lifetime warranty, if you are the original
purchaser of said valve, you might be able to get a cartridge from
them for free

nate- Hide quoted text -

All cartridges ARE FREE. My cousin works for them and they give them
away. If the store is charging you... go to next hardware store!

Posted to alt.home.repair

cln blurted out in alt.home.repair:

[...]

Great to know, thanks everyone.

Posted to alt.home.repair
cln cln is offline

All cartridges ARE FREE.
I was at the hardware store and did see that Moen has at least ONE
vavle that they sell. so i don't loose all credit here... I will check
with the rep and post again...

Old Moen Shower Handle Leo Home Repair 1 December 15th 06 01:27 PM
standard single handle shower faucet Phil Home Repair 2 April 27th 06 08:34 PM
Help: Leaking Moen Single Knob Tub Shower Unit [email protected] Home Repair 2 March 9th 06 11:17 PM
Single handle shower tub knob Ohm Home Repair 1 March 6th 06 01:16 AM
Moen single faucet handle (kitchen) jim Home Ownership 1 September 7th 04 03:31 PM