Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help: Leaking Moen Single Knob Tub Shower Unit

I have a Moen tub & shower single knob system that is leaking at the
control knob. Water is leaking out around the control knob (not
dripping out of the spigot) when the shower is in use. The control
pulls out to adjust water pressure, and turns CW / CCW to contol water
temp. It has become very hard to push the control in and out to turn
the water on/off.

Does this sound like a bad cartridge or something else? The unit is at
least 15 years old and has never been serviced. It is now leaking out
the back of the control knob (behind the shower wall) as well as in
front.

Thanks,
Art

Posted to alt.home.repair
Myrna

Moen boasts about its lifetime warranty. We've called them and they've
assisted in figuring out what might be wrong with out faucet. If a part
is bad they send a new one direct to you. Try calling them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull

In article ,
Speedy Jim wrote:

Bad cartridge. Moen may send you one or (less hassle)
find it at HD et al. A plastic tool is included with the
new one to help loosen the cartridge body. It *usually* works.

The plastic tool is much improved by drilling a hole in it so you can
turn and pull at the same time.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Leaking shower doors Lobster UK diy 15 February 4th 19 07:14 PM
Leaking Thermostatic Shower mixer peter UK diy 0 January 12th 06 10:09 PM
Leaking Shower Hugh UK diy 2 July 31st 05 11:34 AM
New shower head for my Gainsborough Energy 2000x destroyed my unit :-( Siatro UK diy 2 August 18th 04 10:59 AM
Moen shower control problem AJ Home Repair 3 July 16th 04 06:11 AM