Posted to alt.home.repair
Ohm

Default Single handle shower tub knob

Hi,
My single handle shower tub knob broke into pieces. Its the clear
plastic knob from Gerber . I couldnt find it in the local hardware
stores. Also I couldnt find a suitable universal knob, look like I have
to replace the whole set. But I dont know again what should I look for
to find a suitable replacement. The Gerber doesnt have much choice or a
good website to navigate and find a replacement part. Appreciate if
anyone point me to the right direction or a part supply on the web
where we can find replacement parts.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"Ohm" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
My single handle shower tub knob broke into pieces. Its the clear
plastic knob from Gerber . I couldnt find it in the local hardware
stores. Also I couldnt find a suitable universal knob, look like I have
to replace the whole set. But I dont know again what should I look for
to find a suitable replacement. The Gerber doesnt have much choice or a
good website to navigate and find a replacement part. Appreciate if
anyone point me to the right direction or a part supply on the web
where we can find replacement parts.

I'd try another store- the local Borg has about 3 flavors of replacement
knobs, and includes Gerber on the brand list. Other possibility is a 'real'
plumbing supply, one that caters to the trade. May have to take off work to
go there- they are usually closed by 4:30 or so in most towns I have lived
in, since plumbers pick up their parts first thing in the morning. If you
can get the old knob remnants off to take in with you, that will be a big
help.

aem sends....

Poor shower Hugo Nebula UK diy 27 December 14th 05 08:27 PM
Finding model # on Delta single handle tub faucet? scitex Home Repair 1 January 23rd 05 08:01 PM
Shower pressure slowly reducing ajg_xch UK diy 6 June 8th 04 08:49 PM
Power shower electrical shocks Dave UK diy 4 June 4th 04 07:54 PM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM