Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Moen single shower handle

On Oct 15, 2:05*pm, "p-nut" wrote:
Don Phillipson blurted out in alt.home.repair:

"p-nut" wrote in message

Had a problem with my old single handle for my Moen upright shower not
completely turning off and the shower drips just a but. I replaced it with
a new Moen kit and it was fine for a while but now it's doing the same

thing
the old one was. If I keep pushing on it it eventually will close enought

stop the water.

Can I use some kind of lubricant (silicone spray) to fix this or what does
any of the pro's in here recommend.

What does the Moen web site recommend?

Never thought to check there.
It says to replace the cartridge which should be a cheap part.
Thanks for the tip.- Hide quoted text -

some of the mfgrs. have a lifetime warranty, if you are the original
purchaser of said valve, you might be able to get a cartridge from
them for free

nate