Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amana refrigerator

I have an Amana refrigerator (stainless, side by side, model #
ARS2464B*) that a) I replaced the water filter but the "needs new
filter" light remains and b) every time we open/close the refrigerator,
the freezer door opens due to poor magnetic stripping (I think) and a
bunch of stuff in our freezer thaws.

Help on any of these things ?????

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have no advice to suggest....but can offer my understanding and
sympathy. I also have the Amana SxS, and it does the same thing! I
finally (ha! Maybe I have some advice after all) ...I finally bought a
strong, flat strip magnet at IKEA - the type meant for knives, with
quite a strong magnet. It is inconvenient, and I tend to not use it
during the day when somebody can keep an eye on the beast, but at least
at night, the freezer doesn't stand open 3" all night and defrost all
the food. I will eventually call in the Pros but for now, this keeps
the door shut.

organClark wrote:
I have an Amana refrigerator (stainless, side by side, model #
ARS2464B*) that a) I replaced the water filter but the "needs new
filter" light remains and b) every time we open/close the refrigerator,
the freezer door opens due to poor magnetic stripping (I think) and a
bunch of stuff in our freezer thaws.

Help on any of these things ?????

Posted to alt.home.repair

MorganClark wrote:
I have an Amana refrigerator (stainless, side by side, model #
ARS2464B*) that a) I replaced the water filter but the "needs new
filter" light remains and b) every time we open/close the refrigerator,
the freezer door opens due to poor magnetic stripping (I think) and a
bunch of stuff in our freezer thaws.

Help on any of these things ?????

Hi,

ARS2464B

That is part of a full model#.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html

I replaced the water filter but the "needs new
filter" light remains

Check your use&care manual, should have a button to push and hold to
reset the filter light....EG: The indicator light on the door dispenser
is reset by simultaneously pressing the "Dispenser Lock" and
"Water" pads for four seconds. The green indicator light will flash
three times when a reset has successfully occurred.

every time we open/close the refrigerator,
the freezer door opens due to poor magnetic stripping (I think) and a
bunch of stuff in our freezer thaws.

Bad door closure, something inside hitting the door, bad or dirty door
gasket, door rubbing the liner, hinge worn.
Might offer some tips/insight...
http://www.applianceaid.com/frig-doors.html#pops

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid