Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid Appliance Repair Aid is offline

Default Amana refrigerator

MorganClark wrote:
I have an Amana refrigerator (stainless, side by side, model #
ARS2464B*) that a) I replaced the water filter but the "needs new
filter" light remains and b) every time we open/close the refrigerator,
the freezer door opens due to poor magnetic stripping (I think) and a
bunch of stuff in our freezer thaws.

Help on any of these things ?????

Hi,

ARS2464B

That is part of a full model#.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html

I replaced the water filter but the "needs new
filter" light remains

Check your use&care manual, should have a button to push and hold to
reset the filter light....EG: The indicator light on the door dispenser
is reset by simultaneously pressing the "Dispenser Lock" and
"Water" pads for four seconds. The green indicator light will flash
three times when a reset has successfully occurred.

every time we open/close the refrigerator,
the freezer door opens due to poor magnetic stripping (I think) and a
bunch of stuff in our freezer thaws.

Bad door closure, something inside hitting the door, bad or dirty door
gasket, door rubbing the liner, hinge worn.
Might offer some tips/insight...
http://www.applianceaid.com/frig-doors.html#pops

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid