Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] LizzyBWizard@gmail.com is offline

Default Amana refrigerator

I have no advice to suggest....but can offer my understanding and
sympathy. I also have the Amana SxS, and it does the same thing! I
finally (ha! Maybe I have some advice after all) ...I finally bought a
strong, flat strip magnet at IKEA - the type meant for knives, with
quite a strong magnet. It is inconvenient, and I tend to not use it
during the day when somebody can keep an eye on the beast, but at least
at night, the freezer doesn't stand open 3" all night and defrost all
the food. I will eventually call in the Pros but for now, this keeps
the door shut.

organClark wrote:
I have an Amana refrigerator (stainless, side by side, model #
ARS2464B*) that a) I replaced the water filter but the "needs new
filter" light remains and b) every time we open/close the refrigerator,
the freezer door opens due to poor magnetic stripping (I think) and a
bunch of stuff in our freezer thaws.

Help on any of these things ?????