Posted to alt.home.repair

Default what degree to adjust air condition for at summer

I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air.
Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website
because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree
F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa

Posted to alt.home.repair
PDQ

wrote in message oups.com...
| I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air.
| Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website
| because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree
| F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa

A la Goldilocks: 80 might be a tad warm, 70 a bit cool, and 75 just about right.

Remember, an A/C takes water moisture out of the air it conditions. As a result, the room will feel cooler and the electricity required to maintain your selected temperature will go up with each degree the room temperature goes down.

--
PDQ

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air.
Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website
because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree
F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa

What is comfortable to you? Usually abut 10 or 12 degrees below the outdoor
(assuming 80+) is good, but personal preferences and cost come into play
also. Lower the temp, the more cost to run.

Posted to alt.home.repair

the ideal temp is the one that makes you feel comfy... in summer i
like 68-70.. i know some that like it set at 80 in the summer.....
dont you know what temp feels good to you??

Posted to alt.home.repair
bob kater

78-80 will work with ceiling fans to circulate the air. just need to get use
to the temp and it may take days to acclimate your body to it
wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air.
Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website
because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree
F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

the ideal temp is the temp you like. What a question!!

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air.
Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website
because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree
F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:15:53 GMT, Norminn

I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air.
Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website
because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree
F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa

70 is cold to me. 80, in my home, is uncomfortable and gets humidity so
high that the salt and sugar turn to rock and salt shakers corrode.

Wow. I don't have those things. And I thought Maryland was humid.

76,
77 is about ideal. Major housework going on, go to 74 ) Comfort and
economy are my major concerns.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:58:21 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:15:53 GMT, Norminn

I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air.
Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website
because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree
F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa

70 is cold to me. 80, in my home, is uncomfortable and gets humidity so
high that the salt and sugar turn to rock and salt shakers corrode.

Wow. I don't have those things. And I thought Maryland was humid.

76,
77 is about ideal. Major housework going on, go to 74 ) Comfort and
economy are my major concerns.

I prefer about the same temperatures.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Pardon Lottery jim rozen Metalworking 37 April 12th 06 05:34 AM
OT- Kansas joins right to carry Gunner Metalworking 27 March 31st 06 07:42 PM
How to adjust steel linked watch band (Wenger Swiss Military waterproof) [email protected] Metalworking 33 July 21st 05 04:48 AM
Installing Crown Moulding on Kitchen Cabinets... condition them first? Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 1 February 13th 05 11:10 PM