Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default what degree to adjust air condition for at summer

On 16 Apr 2006 05:49:12 -0700, wrote:

I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air.
Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website
because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree
F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa

It varies by the person, and I mean that there are some things some
people like that others can barely tolerate.

It also depends who all you live with.

I taught myself to sleep without a top sheet or blanket in the summer,
and now I'm as comfortable when it is 10 degrees hotter than before.
That is, 83 is as comfortable now as 73 was before. Sometimes I'm
naked. That adds another few degrees, and 85 or 86. If I had kids in
the house I would not sleep naked.

The same temp seems cooler with the windows open than with the windows
shut. There is a breeze, even if only a slight one.

I also taught myself to sleep without the sheets tucked in. This
means I don't have a problem sleeping on a rug on the floor, just
because the presence of untucked sheets bothers me. I learned this
from a Belgian woman.