Posted to alt.home.repair
GasGuzzler

Default Gas Range Installation - No Gas from Burners

I bought a used range and after finally getting the right adapters for
the gas connector flex hose, the range is hooked up to the gas valve.
Gas is coming through but no gas heard through burners. Is there
something else I have to do? I have electric pilots.

Now that I think of it, perhaps i didn't leave the gas burners open
long enough for the gas to be coming through but I'm paranoid of doing
such things.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
GasGuzzler

NG. No Smell.

That's what I was thinking. Do I just need to open the line (leave
burner on) awhile to purge the air out?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

GasGuzzler wrote:

NG. No Smell.

That's what I was thinking. Do I just need to open the line (leave
burner on) awhile to purge the air out?

Hi,
Yes. Definitely there should be smell. Air in the line is common.
Posted to alt.home.repair
GasGuzzler

Great.

I will give it a shot in the morning and allow for the that. Windows
fully open and drafted.

Thank you. Will give update in the AM.

Posted to alt.home.repair
tim1198

Check your line from the valve to the stove. Some of the new lines
have the gas auto shut-off valve in-line for safety. I think they're
supposed to "shut-off" if there is a leak.

You can check it by loosening up the connection to your stove, turn on
the valve at the wall, put soap water around the joint and it should
bubble. If it doesn't, you're not getting gas to your stove.
good luck,
Tim1198

Posted to alt.home.repair
GasGuzzler

Thanks for the help. It was that I wasn't waiting long enough for the
gas to pass through the pipes. Got it up and running.