Edwin Pawlowski

Default Over the range Microwave installation

"felix" wrote in message
om...
According to the
directions I need to plug this into an outlet located in the cabinet
above, which I do not have (the outlet that is).

What should I do?

TIA,
Felix

If you must ask, call an electrician.

DaveG

"felix" wrote in message
om...
I just bought the microwave and am going to attempt to install it.
The one problem I have run into is the wiring. The microwave has a 3
prong plug while the existing hood is 3 wires. According to the
directions I need to plug this into an outlet located in the cabinet
above, which I do not have (the outlet that is).

What should I do?

TIA,
Felix

If you have the know how, that range hood lead could be used to power an
outlet that can be installed in the cabinet above the microwave. Do you
know what power requirements are for your new microwave?
Can it run on the rangehood circuit, which may be 15 amps, or does the oven
require a 20 amp feed?