DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Over the range Microwave installation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/55112-re-over-range-microwave-installation.html)

Edwin Pawlowski February 25th 04 09:31 PM

Over the range Microwave installation

"felix" wrote in message
om...
According to the
directions I need to plug this into an outlet located in the cabinet
above, which I do not have (the outlet that is).

What should I do?

TIA,
Felix

If you must ask, call an electrician.

HA HA Budys Here February 25th 04 09:51 PM

Over the range Microwave installation

From: (felix)

I just bought the microwave and am going to attempt to install it.
The one problem I have run into is the wiring. The microwave has a 3
prong plug while the existing hood is 3 wires. According to the
directions I need to plug this into an outlet located in the cabinet
above, which I do not have (the outlet that is).

What should I do?

TIA,
Felix

You should install an outlet in the cabinet above the microwave.

DaveG February 25th 04 10:51 PM

Over the range Microwave installation

"felix" wrote in message
om...
I just bought the microwave and am going to attempt to install it.
The one problem I have run into is the wiring. The microwave has a 3
prong plug while the existing hood is 3 wires. According to the
directions I need to plug this into an outlet located in the cabinet
above, which I do not have (the outlet that is).

What should I do?

TIA,
Felix

If you have the know how, that range hood lead could be used to power an
outlet that can be installed in the cabinet above the microwave. Do you
know what power requirements are for your new microwave?
Can it run on the rangehood circuit, which may be 15 amps, or does the oven
require a 20 amp feed?

jeff February 26th 04 12:16 AM

(felix) wrote in message . com...
I just bought the microwave and am going to attempt to install it.
The one problem I have run into is the wiring. The microwave has a 3
prong plug while the existing hood is 3 wires. According to the
directions I need to plug this into an outlet located in the cabinet
above, which I do not have (the outlet that is).

What should I do?

Hi,

As long as the power supply for the range hood is a dedicated, min 15
amp line the wires can be fished from the hood into the cabinet above
and an plug outlet can be installed using the existing power supply.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/