Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

JINGLES

Default Damage to Hardwood Floor

Hi All,

Question here,

We have (had) a very nice, bright hardwood floor. We accidently
slid our couch across the floor recently and it left a BIG scratch. Is
there any way to repair this?

Thanks,

JNG

Ben

JINGLES wrote:
Hi All,

Question here,

We have (had) a very nice, bright hardwood floor. We accidently
slid our couch across the floor recently and it left a BIG scratch.

Is
there any way to repair this?

Depends on the kind of hardwood floor. If it's a laminate floor (i.e.,
not real wood), then you're probably out of luck. If it's a true
hardwood floor then you can sand the scratched area down and refinish.
There are several googleable websites that tell you how to do this.